Wednesday, April 25, 2007

It's my blog and I'll cry if I want to...

It's been 2 weeks since we applied for our jobs at Jansport. We went down there on Monday to see what was happening and were told they're still sorting through things.
The question now is, how long do we wait before getting another job?

The other thing is that because I don't drive it means Stuart will be the only one getting a job. That means that we probably won't be going to Scotland. :( Let's just pray that Jansport get a move on and hire us both.

It's so frustrating that getting home should be such a challenge. I've always been taught that I have a home and I'm always welcome there. Now I can't get back to it. Of all things, seeing family shouldn't be such a challenge. It makes me so sad and I feel even worse for people who go longer than my mere 3 years of being away and not seeing my brother's and sister's. I already missed my oldest brother's wedding and now, chances are I'll miss my older sister's one too. *Sob Sob*... It's torturous.

We got a Rocky box set and have been working our way through them happily. We're on number 5 and then I really want to see the new one, Rocky Balboa. It brings back sweet sweet memories watching it. I love when Stuart's like "HIT HIM BACK ROCKY!" and I'm all like, "He's not hitting back for a reason. He's tiring him out, dough ball. He'll kick his trash in a minute." It's how Andrew and my dad wrestle about. Andrew runs circles around my dad until my dad is puffed out and dying then gets him in some kind of headlock and wins. Fond memories.

Stuart's favorite game is Bang. It's a card game that's pretty complicated. I bought it for him for his Christmas and am now tired of it. It's one of those long, stratigical games where you're trying to kill people and you're never really sure what their role is. The only person you know is the Sheriff and he has a Deputy who's trying to protect him but you have to work out who's being the Deputy. Then there's one Renegade and everyone else are Outlaws. The Renegade doesn't want the Sheriff dead until last and the Deputy wants the Sheriff to stay alive... It's confussing. If you ever visit us it's guarenteed that Stuart will bring it up atleast once and then he'll try and get you to play it...

3 comments:

Mark J. said...

Awesome to see another Bang! fan out there. If you guys are ever down in SL, I'll play a few hands with you.

Krispy said...

Maybe you could work at Dick's?

ivygirl said...

See comments in ice cream post on my blog, that'll answer your question...

Oh boy i hope you can get the job so you can travel back home i cant imagine what its like to be gone for 3 years...