Monday, May 21, 2007

Don't get your knickers in a twist!

I'm posting a new bloggy! Calm yourself!
This isn't going to be a very entertaining post but oh well...
9 more weeks of Jansport/Hell. I have to admit that getting past that first week was really just the problem. I didn't want to be there. I had a bad attitude. Now though, I have some new friends and we got a wee pay cheque on Friday... Lovely.
Here's the deal.
4.30am - wake up.
5am - leave the house.
6am - Start work.
8.45am - First break.
11am - Lunch.
1.15pm - Last break.
2.30pm - Home time.
We've been working overtime so home time is actually 3.30pm... Now I can't remember where I was going with this... Uuuum... Well... We got sent home early on Friday - 11am and we didn't have to work Saturday. I wish I'd had more to report about the weekend but I don't. I'd planned on camping in the back garden on Friday night but that didn't happen... Booo!
Today it rained. Classic Seattle rain too and the Distribution Warehouse was FUH-REEZING! I didn't take my hoodie off all day and I kept needing to pee because it was so chilly. You know how you always need to pee after coming inside out of the cold? That's how it was all day. We were processing an order of 19000 black backpacks today. Sick.

Today is day 31 of getting my last immigration notice so I phoned the number it told me to if I didn't get my greencard in the next 30 days... I came off the phone in a stinker of a mood. The robot told me to wait 60 days after the last of the first 30... Wha?! But then it didn't tell me what to do if I still didn't have it. I'm pretty miffed about the whole thing.

Yesterday I got 2 emails from people I haven't heard from in about 10 years. There's nothing I love more these days than being found or finding old friends. I love it!

3 comments:

CTR2002 said...

Laura... can I just say your blog title this time... LOVE IT!! I used that phrase at Women's Conference and everyone looked at me as though I had two heads... very funny! :)

Shannon said...

Thank you for your post. I feel special, thinking that I had something to do with it.
Oh yeah, how could I almost forget... immigration sucks. I feel your pain. I am hoping that by Wed. of next week we will FINALLY have all of Josue's papers in. Then "they" can find something else to bug us about.

ShaBANG said...

IF They try and take you away I will beat them up and hide you from them.

And there are worse things than Twisted knickers. I hate them when they bunch all up and stuff!