Friday, May 25, 2007

Like a sturgeon...


Today was OK. I woke up at 4.20am, 10 minutes before the alarm. I woke myself up with my sleep talking. I can't remember what I was saying but I wished I'd have shut up. I think I was talking to Stuart in a dream... Last week I woke myself up with my sleep talking and I was telling someone a recipe in my dream. I just remember opening my eyes then saying "half a cup of raisins", then I looked around and became very confused.
But back to today. I woke up early which was fine because I had a very good sleep. Kirsten drives us to work on Tuesday and Friday so I had 2 peanut butter granola bars and made Stuart some toast whilst waiting for her to arrive. I can't eat much that early in the morning or it makes me sick for the rest of the day. I don't think Breakfast time is 4.45am anyway, that's pre-breakfast time...
We got to work, clocked in and did our stretches. Some stretches I understand more than other's. I'm not entirely convinced that moving your head around in a circle is doing anything but make you dizzy. I may not understand it but I certainly enjoy it...
I then went to my locker and got my Jansport tools (box knife, tag gun, marker and biro). I was then told I would be working in TOP. I don't know what TOP means but I think it has something to do with Pirates... Hm. TOP proved to be much more enjoyable than FCSP (Full Case Special Pack) and time went faster there.
I was rejected from TOP at 10.30am. Half a stinkin hour before lunch. Pfft. There is no rest for the wicked so went back to my desk in FCSP and began sticking price stickers on back packs.
Lunch came and went. Second break came and went. 2.30pm came and went. 2.30pm is when we're meant to finish on a normal day... 3pm came and went and then at 3.15pm the music stops. The last hour really drags on because a bell goes at 2.30 telling us we should be going home but we're not and then another bell goes at 3pm, probably just for sheer torture and then the music goes off at 3.15... There's no escaping what time it is.
After sweeping up and putting my Jansport tools back in my locker I meet Stuart and Kirsten to go home... This is where the fun begins.
Kirsten's mum needed a ride home so we went to her work. She's a nurse, a wonderful profession. So we're driving off to meet her whilst discussing the question of the day - If you were to be a Disney princess who would you be? - We were talking about Ariel, The little mermaid because I like her the best and I think Kirsten would be her. Kirsten then asks me "Why does Ariel wear sea-shells?" and I answer "Because she has nipples." Kirsten then burst out laughing and said "Nooooo! It's a joke!" How on earth was I supposed to know, she didn't have her joke voice on... I then told her that I didn't know why Ariel wore sea shells (but I do know, it's because she has to cover her nipples.)
So here's a joke for you.
Q. Why does Ariel wear sea shells?
A. Because B shells are too small and D shells are too big!
We arrive at the medical place where Kirsten's mum works and we park in level 2, in the shade. We're chattering away about a few different things when Kirsten looks out the back window and says "Oh no"... I was a little worried and then I saw a personage approaching the motor vehical. The young man leans in the passenger window and says "Hey you guys, I have a laptop I'm trying to sell for 75 bucks. It has XP on it." I was startled. Kirsten, however was on the ball. "I'm more of a mac user" she calmly says. He didn't understand, "a what?" "A mac, you know Macintosh"... He got it. The young chap was also smoking and after he walked away I mentioned how that was no ordinary cigarette he was smoking. We then commenced to laugh. Uncontrollably. I think us Mormon's were high on dope smoke for a while because when Kirsten drove up to the next floor with the windows open we were ok and the smoke was gone too...
Stuart went and bought some chinese for us to have for dinner so now I must leave.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

So what you are saying is that you didn't buy the laptop?

Laura said...

Uuuh. Correct. We did not purchase the laptop. If you fancy it I'm sure I could track him down for you. It's a steal, really.

Trude said...

stealing is illegal ..

but I do love chinese food .

Joycelyn said...

I'll definitely have to write down your Ariel joke down in my list of jokes. :-) Too cute.

I had a similar experience while visiting Gulfport. We just checked in at Holiday Inn, were getting into our car to drive around to our room when this grungy man starts mumbling to us. Something about only have .12 cents, 22 miles to go, needs some cash for gas. Whatever. I said "No thanks", but he still keeps babbling. I try to get KJ in her carseat as fast as possible! Since we weren't listening to him, he goes onto the next people a car away from us.

The rest of our stay there, there was a police car in the parking lot of Holiday Inn every morning. :-o!

Tamara said...

I still can't get over your blog titles, they crack me up.