Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Brechin Cathedral.

When we moved from the west coast I was 9 years old. We moved to Brechin. I spent the worst 3 years of my life there...
Anyway... Here's my old Primary School. It's as old as sin. They built a new school a few years after I was done there.We spent some time at the Cathedral. The Cathedral is the only thing that makes Brechin a city. I think the population there is around 2 thousand.

The Round Tower here is about 1000 years old.
Stuart took slighty less than 5 kajillion pictures of the stained glass windows. I love stained glass, especially old religious ones for some spooky reason...



They have a couple of ancient Pictish standing stones there too... (especially for Uncle John.)

Here's the old font...There's a lot of history right there. The Black Plague hit Brechin twice and I avoid the place like it's still there.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Haha, I loved stained glass windows, too! I took tons a pictures at the cathedrals in England.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Cameron looks old. I miss him. Does he even remember me? I'm glad you guys are having fun. I will go there someday

heart, Megan

Crazy Walker said...

Sweet pics! I love seeing your adventures...seeing that I'm in the great old land locked and history rich Utah...oh so ancient.