Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Donald, where's yer troosers?









Things are getting busy here with us leaving on Monday for Scotland. I've worked the equivelant of one day at Jansport in the last 8 weeks because of my back injury. It seemed to be getting better until yesterday when we went down to Portland to take Danielle to EFY. Sitting for that long is not good for me. *Note to self: Remember that for 13 hour flight on Monday.*


I go to the Chiropracter tomorrow for my evaluation AND tomorrow is Stuart's birthday... This week is going to be super busy.

On Saturday we went to the Skagit Valley Highland Games. It was a scorcher of a day. Stuart had the day off work and tried to keep it as a surprise for me but he failed. He told me on Friday night and I got so excited that he'd be there that I couldn't sleep. It was fun just to get out the house for a day and do something new. I think it helped me really feel like I'm going home next week too. I can't wait to buy a sausage roll for 52p from the baker instead of the $5 they were charging at the games - as my mum would say "That's extortion!"


I think my favorite part of the day was the Sheep Dog Trials. It took a while for it to get started so we only watched the first little part. It reminded us of "Babe" so we watched that as our family film on Sunday.
They had a lot of different foods at the games which I think made it really worth it for Stuart. Mark paid $5 for a teeny wee bit of haggis and prefered the stuff we can get out of a can. The curly fries above were quite the attraction.


Sunday was the first Sunday in 8 weeks that I was able to stay for the whole 3 hours. My back was a little sore by the end of it but I made it! Woooo! We celebrated Stuart's birthday on Sunday too so that Danielle could be there. Stuart didn't object to getting gifts early. We ate cake, played "Pit" (my new favorite game) and then watched "Babe". Look how tanned Stuart got just from one day in the sun...

He got a few games - Travel "Sequence", "Mancala" and "Mouse Trap". He also got "The Prestige" and some nice clothes and "Merlin" the Mini Series.



Here we are playing "Pit". I'm asleep in this picture apparently.

3 comments:

Katz said...

ooh! i LOVE pit! we used to go play on sundays with todd's mom and his brothers. she wouldn't let us use the coffee cards because it was sunday.


she's a weirdo.

Laura said...

I really love Pit too! I played it once a long time ago and thought I didn't like it but playing it now I realise I was just too shy. It's my favorite!

Betty Blast's Mum said...

Hey that person in the shorts at the counter should really rethink the look. I guess if we all had the opportunity to see what we looked like from behind we'd never go anywhere! I had a lot of fun that day. I'm glad you took the time to find out about it so we could check it out. I especially liked the ducks!!!