Thursday, September 13, 2007

Eight Things About Your Marriage: Stuart and Laura

Where did you meet your husband?

Seattle-Tacoma Airport. Arrival's suite. Midnight. April 22nd 2003.
What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I found Stuart's hotmail profile randomly one day. Yes, the internet brought us together but that doesn't mean I'm antisocial, ok?!... It was a rainy Saturday, September 25th-ish 2002. Beki just found out she was 3 months pregnant and I needed someone to talk to who wasn't involved to distract me... I think I searched "LDS" or "Mormon" in the hotmail search thingy... I emailed him and got an abruptly brief reply from him a few days later. He thought I was someone else he knew from church... All my email said was "Do you know where you're going on your mission yet?" because his profile said something about preparing...

Where was the first kiss? First date?
Our first kiss was the night I flew in. Outside the cereal cupboard in his house.

Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
We were engaged officially for 4 months.

Where did you get engaged?
On my 19th birthday Stuart was planning on asking my dad's permission and then proposing but my dad intercepted and put him on the spot during my birthday dinner (spam and sweetcorn pie, thank you very much) and demanded Stuart ask his question so we could all enjoy our dinner. Stuart was making everyone feel awkward. His reply to my dad was "I want to marry Laura!" It all came out as one word and Stuart looked like he was going to choke on his tongue. Everyone laughed at him.
After dinner we were sent to get a carton of milk from the supermarket. On our way we walked through a pitch-black, super dark park. I asked Stuart for the ring and he refused to give it to me. He wanted to propose but his plans were foiled. He even tried to tell me he didn't have the ring with him but I knew it was in his left pocket because he kept fiddling with it... Anyway, I had him in a headlock and was shouting something like "Give me the riiiiiiing!" Whilst his head was in my oxter he was trying to ask "Will you spend eternity with me?"... In the end I got the ring and he was allowed to catch his breath.

Where did you get married?
We were married in Montrose, Scotland til death do us part and then sealed the same night in the Preston, England temple for time and all eternity.

How did the reception go?
Because we had to be sealed on the same day we were married and had to drive 6 hours to the temple we were pretty tired when we got back the following evening. M yoldest brother, Scott did the music and refuses to this day to do another reception because of how bad ours was.

We did have another reception when we got back to America. It was quite fancy compared to the Scottish one.
How was the honeymoon?
We didn't have one.

1 comment:

bestsariah said...

Cute stories! I can't believe you eat Spam.