Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lauregon! Part 1.

Alrighty, so here I am; back in America. Overall the trip home was fantastic. It was well needed. We got back in to Seattle last Wednesday and were met by Stuart's dad who took us (me) to Lush. My most favoritest, guilty pleasure. Lush started off in the UK and was a 'habit' for me for a long time and then I came here and there was only one store in the whole USA. Now the place is dotted with them - YAY! We bought a lot of yummy massage bars and body butters and solid shampoo's...
Then we went to Chang's Mongolian Grill where I thought I was going to puke from being on the move for so long. I sat in the carpark by myself whilst everyone had dinner.
Thursday was a case of unpack and repack. We left for Oregon on Friday - a trip I'd been looking forward to for a long time. In the 3 1/2 years I've been here I'd never been to Stuart's grandparent's house in Oregon. We spent 4 days with them and had a lot of fun.
It was a long drive. My MP3 Player battery lasts longer than I thought it would. I really love roadtrips and the stupid pictures that come from them.
The weather was super nice and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the patio when I could.
On the Monday we went on a trip up to Crater Lake making stops at a few points along the way.
Rogue River Gorge was one of them...
Home of "The Living Stump"...
Then we went to see a Natural Bridge. The picture of a natural bridge was much different and impressive in my head than it was in real life but it was a happy sunny day so I'm not complaining. From there we went to Crater Lake which is amazing. There's a helicopter somewhere in the middle of it.

There you have Part one of the Lauregon adventure...

1 comment:

Katz said...

i *heart* crater lake! i haven't been there forever.