Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New Project.

Today I started extraction work. Our ward has a goal of a lot of names to be extracted before the Rexburg Temple opens. I can't remember the number but I remember thinking, "that's a lot" when I heard it. It was quite challenging to start with but I think I've got the hang of it now. It's going to keep my busy and distracted and I'll be blessed too. It's win-win really.

I think I've finally got our home in order since coming back. It's taken a while for me to get into my routine and then last week I just couldn't be bothered apart from when I freaked out and bleached the bathroom. Other than that I've been slow on getting the place back to how it's meant to be. It feels good to be on top of it again and Stuart is really helping me with the things that strain my back - almost everything ie. emptying/filling the bottom of the dishwasher, pulling laundry out the hamper/washing machine/drier, fluffing the lovesac, picking things off the floor, sweeping crumbs off the floor, getting water out the dispenser in the fridge... I find all of those very challenging but Stuart's been a gem. And my back is feeling better. When I stretch in the morning sometimes there'll be a click in the bottom of my back but it isn't something clicking out... (Bill, if you read this - should I not stretch or is it ok?)

Hopefully this post lets you all know that I do feel better this week. Thank you all for the messages and prayers and love and brownies


5 comments:

Crazy Walker said...

Three cheers for Laura and getting names for the temple! that's awesome! I guess I keep figuring everyone in my family is doing it...so I don't really need to, you know? lol. I know, the slacker's attitude.

Trude said...

you're welcome .. hehe

ivygirl said...

laura if you dont mind me asking, but what exactly is wrong with your back? I ask because i was in a car accident a year and a half ago and really hurt my neck, but the pain is so bad that it hurts into my neck, shoulder, back and hip. ive gone to the dr and had MRI's and they cant seem to find anything. I went to physical therapy and he said it was definitely my neck and sometimes if the pain is so intense you feel it through out your body...

I also see a chiropracter (my BIL) and one here in town...

Last week the pain was UNBARABLE, i was in so much pain that i was up until 7am and that was with taking my sleeping meds... Im getting very discouraged...

Ok ive written a novel but if you would rather email me that great...

ivythorne@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are better this week for you. When I first hurt my back i thought that I would never be without pain again. The other dr I went to just seemed to make things worse. Mark gave me a blessing and gave me hope. then I was told to see Bill. I'm glad I did. It has made all the difference. I'm glad you keep asking him what's good. I know he knows what he is doing. I have to see him less and less. After about3 years of such pain and not being able to move it was great to have someone who could help me. It's been a couple of years and I've only made progress. It will come for you too.

Sorry this is so long.

Beth

Carlydear12 said...

Oh Lola, I hope you really are feeling better!
Carly