Monday, October 22, 2007

My Spine and Book Spines...

Today I woke up with a really sore back. It hasn't hurt this bad since before we went to Scotland. It hurts to straighten my spine and sitting is not comfortable. I'm a little scared that things aren't getting better. Yesterday I even thought, "My back hasn't hurt in quite a while, how exciting!" Yesterday was quite a long day. Maybe sitting for the 3 hours of church with tiny breaks between isn't something I'm ready for. I think this week was the first in a while I sat for that long in a while with Stuart feeling sick and coming home after Sacrament last week and then the week before that was Conference... Ugh. Ouch. I might have pushed myself a little far last week. I need to be careful. Stuart's been good at helping me with the things that hurt but sometimes he isn't here and I hate having a messy house so I'll take care of it myself ie. emptying/filling the dishwasher really kills me, reaching into the laundry hamper/washer/drier to get clothes hurts, I can sweep up the crumps from the floor but can't sweep them into the dust pan... I'm useless.
Stuart woke up feeling a little under the weather today and didn't even go to school. I don't know what's going on with him. I've tried getting him to skip school to spend a day with me before and he never has so this isn't ordinary Stuart behaviour. Hopefully the Homemade Halloween Pizza we're making tonight will cheer him up!
We're definatley staying here for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. It's time to behave like adults. We can't afford it so we're staying here and we're actually happy and excited about it. We can't break our budget just to have fun and if we're being urged to be independant and not ask for money for things we can do without for a while then we're going to adopt the same idea to this. Our spending habits have been questioned before so we're looking at the holiday season as a test.
The first time we stayed here for Christmas was kind of sad because Beki and Cameron had left just a few days before and Christmas was on a Sunday so we didn't really know what we were allowed to do and still keep the day holy. This year we're going to make a list of things to do so we don't get bored...
Anyway, here's what I've been making recently: Matchbook photo books, halloween cards and Christmas cards...

5 comments:

Laurie said...

My heavens, you are such a talent!! So beautiful, Laura!!

I hope your back feels better soon. Try a heating pad if you've got one. Then once the tissue is heated, have hubby massage it for you. You'll feel so much better.

Crazy Walker said...

Holy canole! Look at those cards!

Don't feel sad about the holidays. It would honestly be nice to just have it be the hubby and myself for a holiday for once. Sometimes it gets a little crowded and you don't get to appreciate it being just the two of you at a really special time.

beth said...

I found you. You are amazing. Those cards are great. And if you need a back rub, just come on over. We can trade services!!!!

CTR2002 said...

Laura!!

Those are SO cute! HOW do you do them?

I really hope you're better soon!

Keri said...

Those are so cute!! You are a very talented woman..you will have to teach me how to make those sometime! Sorry to hear about your back, that is no fun!