Sunday, October 28, 2007

Shannon said...

Shannon said...
I've been so busy that I haven't gotten to read blogs and I just knew I might have missed this news! Yay for the new girls! They are cute. Thank you for also answering a question I've always wondered. My mom is a twin and I've always questioned whether there is a chance people may not really know which one is which after just having them. If I had twins I'd probably get them mixed up for at least a year.
October 28, 2007 6:57 AM


In this case Daisy actually does have 11 toes so it makes it easier to keep track of which is which. Also, Daisy has dark hair and Willow has light hair.
A doctor told Beki that her twins were conceived from 2 different eggs, 2 different sperm AND 4 days apart so chances are they won't look like twins at all... Also, along with that equation they were conceived from doing "it" once. Sperm live for a few days afterall... Isn't that strange?

9 comments:

Sara said...

How can they know it was four days apart?

Laura said...

Through an ultrasound they can calculate the gestational age along with hormone levels and other girly information they can figure it out. I think they also take measurements of the foetus to work it out.
I googled it when she first told me and I was reading about people who were having twins but one was techincally 4 weeks older than the other because another egg was kicked out after the first baby was conceived.
Did you know that Alanis Morrisette is a twin?

Shannon said...

They can also know that they are four days apart by telling lies. Lies that make them look smart. And magical. It's all because doctors actually have hidden desires to become wizards, that's the whole reason behind it.

I once heard of a lady who had "twins" but each actually belonged to different man. They both fertilized her a few days before. How awesome is that?!

Shannon said...

When I said a few days before, I meant a few days apart.

Trude said...

i never knew that ... about alanis ...

never knew that about the egg thing either ...

gosh i don't really know much do i ...

Sherpa said...

These are really magic twins.

Laura said...

Shannon - How very sceptical of you. It could very well be lies, I suppose but I'm told they look like sister's and not twins.

Trudy - It's ok, you have time to learn all about the magicalness of twinage. I'll continue to educate you ;)

Sherpa - I think you might be right. If their big brother has anything to do with it they really will have super powers.

ShaBANG said...

WOW! Gotta love modern technology.

Shannon said...

I AM a sceptic about a lot of things, but I actually do believe Beki's doctor. That kind of technology and knowledge just blows my mind and creeps me out a little at the same time.