Thursday, December 6, 2007

Laura is S.A.D

It's official, the Seasonal Adjustment Disorder is kicking in. Yuck. I've never had any problem with seasonal transitions until I came to Rexburg. It's too dark all the time during winter and it kills me. I hate having to put on a lamp when I get up in the morning - this time of year I seem to get up an hour later than usual because of hating to put on a lamp to light up the room and because I just can't settle down at night - dreading the dark morning. Where is the sun? If it was snowing it would make the apartment brighter because of the blinding whiteness... Where is the snow? I sat at my craft table last night for 20 minutes and couldn't come up with anything to do. That's how bad it is... Dang.

I miss summertime. I think being so far away from the sea is taking it's toll on me too.

I'm looking for internships for Stuart and have decided that Scotland is number 1 on the list but there are a bunch of other places that are number 2 - all in sunny, happy places. Mostly I've been looking into Zoo internships - dolphin training and other such wonderful things. We're planning on giving up our apartment this summer to save money - like we should have done every other summer. It's important for us to get along independently - that's why we haven't been focussing on internships in Washington. This year has been a year of massive learning and "Independance" has been a huge part of it all. We're strengthening our family unit and hopefully we'll have an adventure whilst we're at it - and getting a suntan too.

6 comments:

CTR2002 said...

Been there, know what you're saying.. hope things pick up soon!

Tucker Family said...

I hear ya on the bleck. I hate the sludge in the air that you can see as you breath. Here's to sunny thoughts and warm places.

Keri said...

I agree with you, if it has to be freezing cold here, at least it should snow, too!!! And I am all for the sun...you should hop on over to Disneyland for a week or two, that would help you! (Not on the saving money part, but the sunshine part. :) )

Tracy Ngu said...

I have a case of the Winter blahs myself! Having lived in Miami for 4years I got used to sun and warmth. Now that I am in Erie where it's been snowing for a week straight I am not feeling groovy at all!! Blech, I can't wait for summer!!

ciaobella said...

I'm with ya! I think winter should last all of a week. That's all the time I need to enjoy the beautiful snow and move on.

Joycelyn said...

You need to come down to Louisiana. As Missouri prepares for an ice storm with highs at 49 degrees, we were sitting at a beautiful high of 82 with partly sunny/cloudy skies. Being down here has been good for my hubby's s.a.d. and hobbies as well.