Saturday, December 8, 2007

Stuart: Future Trainer of Dolphins.

I know I've said it before but this year really has been a year of tremendous learning for Stuart and I. I feel like I've grown up a lot this year - some of it was forced but ultimately it's been welcomed.


At some point I'm going to do a recap of the things I've learned but for now I'm working on focusing on the future. I want next year to be even better than this year. The highlight of this year is that I got to go home - other than that it's not been a very good year for me. There's been a lot of physical and emotional pain.

So next year we've got goals. Stuart will be working on his last year of school which is VERY exciting. It won't be long until we can settle down - depending on if he really wants to go to dental school or not. We've been really good financially these past couple of years. We haven't needed much help and we've been able to pay it back but dental school is expensive and with no financial backing we don't know how we'll swing that. Stuart is also not sure he wants to do anymore school which is understandable. We'll see how it works out.


We want to get an internship over the summer. The ones we're most excited about are the Zoo ones we'll be applying for over Christmas break. They seem more likely to happen than our dream one of Glaxo Smith Kline in Montrose - my hometown. It would be amazing to spend 5 months in Scotland doing that but I'm not sure how realistic it is. I'm the one who had been looking for internships. Stuart just thought he'd do the classes for the credits but he's been quite excited with the idea of training dolphins and working with sea-lions. Wouldn't that be cool? I he gets one of those internships we'll be in California for the summer. I reckon being a dolphin trainer is as fun as being in a circus - my life long dream!

2008's going to be a good one!

2 comments:

Joycelyn said...

I would love to be able to swim around with dolphins...let alone train them!

Stephanie said...

I didn't know that Stuart was considering Dental School! You should come to Portland with Jake and I. But the money thing is a pretty big deal....we are in serious debt!! I just keep telling myself it will be worth it someday.