Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Diplomacy, dipshlomacy,,,






We started the New Year the way we mean to go on - with friends and with a clean kitchen!
Stuart, Scott and Jeff played "Diplomacy" for 8 hours whilst Aileen and I snuggled and read together and eventually fell asleep. It was 4am before they left. It's so nice to have the freedom to have people over whenever we want and I love how comfortable our friends are here that they can stay that long or rake through our fridge for something to eat. I love that. I work hard to make our home welcoming and comfortable...
Yesterday I made New Years Dinner. Back home New Year is HUGE - bigger than Christmas. I made Turkey, stuffing, gravy (from scratch), mashed tatties, roast tatties, carrots, pig in blankets, devilled eggs, bread sauce, pasta salad... I was cooking all day and now I'm paying for it with this back-attack. My back is KILLING me... but dinner was good. Stuart was the official Baste-ard of the day. Aileen and Scott were here, Jeff came over and then Hilary and Russ came for a visit. It was a really good day. I made a Hot Fudge Pudding cake and we all ate it with Huckleberry ice-cream.
Today I'm taking dinner to a neighbour who just had a baby so I'll make some turkey tetrazinni or something.

Right now I'm reading a book and it's possible that it's the most boring book I've ever touched. It's taking forever to get through it because it makes me fall asleep. I have to finish it though before I can start another one. It also makes me confident that I could have a book published. This one truely is awful...

4 comments:

Marnee said...

I want some huckleberry Ice cream!!! Im guessing that isnt something that gets left out on the counter... or even in the oven ;)

Tracy Ngu said...

All I can say is your house looks so fun! I like it when people are comfortable enough to get something out of the fridge at my house too! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!!

You can rummage through my fridge anytime. You might not find much in there but you are still welcome!!

Katz said...

i wish my house was welcoming and clean. it basically looks like we live in our own filth.

nava_jo said...

Your house looks like |SO MUCH FUN!! I wish we lived closer to each other. There aren't any young couples here, to play with.

I just know our Husband would get along. Diplomacy looks like RISk and I hate RISK because it take way to long, and Joseph likes it because he gets to conquer land and blah blah.

:) So yes move closer to CA, OR move to Provo in a year. Deal?!