Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lang May Yer Lumb Reek!

Happy New Year and all that!
This year has been brilliant with learning and experiences - some good and some truely terrible. Looking back I think I could have dealt with things a little better. Hurting my back and having to rely on everyone was probably the beginning of my downward spiral into negativity and after that September was a truely awful month. I think I grew up a lot in those few months without really wanting to. But September is over; 2007 is over and I'm ready and excited to start afresh. There's things I'm really looking forward to this year ie. Stuart's last whole year of school, the possibility of an exciting internship in a new place, Christmas in Scotland maybe, maybe we'll have a baby... there's so much to look forward to. Because of the sucky stuff that happened in 2007 Stuart and I have really grown together and I think that's one of the most exciting things ever. Who'd have known we could become even better friends and even more in love?! I had no idea it was possible.

My goal for this year are to really focus on the positive side of awful situations, experiences and people who bug me - and to focus quicker instead of letting things upset me for a while. I'm usually quite good about that but I think I really need to recommit myself to it. And as usual - No regrets. Life is too short to have regrets.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I think more positive thinking is great for everyone. Even Pres. Hinckley advised it. Negitivism is a tool of the adversary. When it is around you tend to forget what blessings you have and how good your life really is. Thanks for the reminder.

CTR2002 said...

IYQ

You ROCK!

Nelson Fam said...

What a great attitude you have! After I read your posting, I decided that should probably be one of my new year resolutions as well. Thanks for the inspiration!