Friday, January 18, 2008

Sssssh!

Double posting, I know! I'm making up for last weeks lack of posts... You know you love it.

Today some pictures started appearing on our family site. It's pretty exciting for me because I love love LOVE family history...

Here's todays favorite.
My Papa Stronach is the one in the middle looking at the camera.
Growing up I never felt a bond with him and found him to be really intimidating - sort of how people see my dad. Papa died when I was 15 and it's only been within the past 5 years or so that I've really felt a connection with him. I find myself wondering if he's pleased with the choices I make and what it's going to be like when I see him again on the other side... So this is a post for my Papa.
James Wiseman Stronach was a brave man. He fought in World War II and is probably the reason for my fascination with War stories. He was also amazing at keeping notes for family history and that's something I really appreciate and love! He was a brilliant bagpipe player, as you can see in the picture, and very patriotic. He could do the sword dance whilst playing the pipes. He could beat up anyone. He was hard as nails to the very end. I've never seen so much diversity in one small room as I did at his funeral. He had an affect on everyone... I'm going to learn more about him so I can really make him pleased with me.

No comments: