Friday, January 4, 2008

What makes me, Me.

It's a new year and I'm going to rediscover myself. I've gotten to know myself really well over the last 5 years or so. I'm secure with who I am and I quite like me.

Sometimes I wonder how I ended up the way I am:


My parent's are to blame/applaud. I'm a Stronach which means I'm part of a team and you should be scared of me. I'm serious. Have you seen my brother's?

I believe in God and that families can be together for eternity - none of this 'til death do us part milarky. Eternity is where it's at but we have to behave.


I come from a roadtrippy family. Roadtrips mean family time and CAR-eoke - The Osmonds, The Carpenter's, Andy Williams... It also means using your fist as a microphone and listening to Beki sing out of key really loud. Bless her, I love her. I love when she sings "What would you do if I sang out of key? Would you stand up and walk out on me?" Haha. Is that the theme song from The Wonder Years? Roadtrips also mean adventures.

Stronach adventures sometimes means camping without tents. I missed out on a recent Super-Stronach adventure when Dad took Beki and Andrew out on an ultimate survival trip - Beki was pregnant with twins at the time. They snuggled together and made pine needle tea. Beki carved spoons for them to use. It was hardcore. *Jealous*

I want adventures. I love maps and globes and old books. I like knowing how things work and where places are. I dig history, especially family history. Sunday afternoon's are made for stories. I like seeing old places. I love the sea and thinking about adventures that happened out there on boats and far away places.

The relationship I have with my parent's plays a big part of how I got this way. I was a horrible youth who hated school so rarely went. I wouldn't eat dinner with my family or talk to them. I was really horrible but my mum tried really hard to help me. It worked. My mum's my best friend. My dad's amazing too. Stuart has a lot to live up to.

I'm quick witted. I can't be sure where I got that from but I like it.

I love my heritage and can't wait to have a family to tell them about their rascally Papa Stronach and the mischief he got up to - and still does.

3 comments:

Marnee said...

I love who you are too!!! Thanks for being you.

Tracy Ngu said...

We love roadtrips in our house too!

Yeah that is the Wonder Years song but I think it's "What would you do if I sang out of tune" not key. I think.......Yeah pretty sure! It doesn't matter though it all means the same!

I love who you are Laura! Don't ever change!

Chiemi said...

That was so neat to read! I was pretty bad to my parents, but now just like you my Mom and I are so close! Ahh...roadtrips in my family were more like be quite or we will turn around and go home!