Monday, February 4, 2008

Delicious dinners and such...

Yesterday Stuart made the most DELICIOUS dinner. Ever. He made blackened cajun chicken alfredo with bacon and mushrooms. Oh my. I don't think we've eaten a meal so quickly in our lives. I just couldn't shovel it in fast enough. I'm eating my left overs right now. The meal turned out so good that once we had started eating it Stuart took a break to light a couple of candles. It was THAT good!

In other news, the weather here is still horrible. See?Those are bikes buried in there! and look at the little gap that's been cleared so we can get to our cars. It's horrible. Once again we've decided that once we're done with Rexburg we'll go somewhere it doesn't snow. The cold makes my back muscles really tense which isn't good for the wobbly disk in the bottom of my spine so I don't go out much. I don't even check the mail anymore! Isn't that sad? And I don't even want to think what would happen if I slipped and fell out there. My spine would possibly snap in half but probably not...
We're looking forward to summer, where-ever that takes us. Stuart's going to be applying for a summer placement at the Glaxo Smith-Kline in my hometown. Glaxo makes almost all the pills and medicines in the world. I'm really hoping for that. If not then we'll probably end up back in Seattle with his family. I really hope that if that happens he can get a job at a Dental practice. He really needs Glaxo or another sciency thing on his dental school application.

We'll also be moving out of this apartment in order to save more money over the summer seeing as I won't be able to work. The thought of packing and moving is killing me. There's also the cleaning that I don't mind so much except that a lot of it will mean bending and leaning which will not be fun for my back - stick a 16 hour car ride on top of that and I could end up crippled by the start of summer... but again, probably not.

Something fun I've been working on is http://www.myfamily.com/ I love it! You can set up a website for free and invite people to join. It's like a little message board. I've set up three so far. Two out of the three are a bunch of fun and are really taking off. I made the first one with my family in mind. It's a great way to keep in touch with everyone. Then I added some other relatives on my dad's side and it's turned into StronachLand.

The second one I made was for my mum's side which is proving to be a ton of fun too. I love seeing all the pictures of everyone and my dad's been working hard and scanning in some really old pictures too. This is the site where we have to mind our manners a little better.

The third one is dying a quick death. It was made for Stuart's side of the family. There are 4 members on it that don't talk. I'm letting it fizzle out.

School's going really well for Stuart. He's taking a sculpting class that he's really enjoying. I'm loving seeing the ideas he comes up with for the concepts his teacher gives him. Right now he's working on one that's meant to represent a feeling he's had. It's a good time to do that with the road blocks we've been hitting. I'll wait til he's done with it until I tell you more about it...

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I seriously can't believe the weather we've been getting in this part of the US! The news said today it's been the most snow in 18 years!!

We're totally in the same boat as you in regards to figuring out what we want to do and where it will land us.

Sorry to hear about your back feeling as badly as it does. I wish we lived closer, I would totally give you massage. :(

I'll put you two in my prayers and on the temple prayer roll.

Oh, and please ask Stuart to email me his recipe! That made me super hungry!!! ;)

Tracy Ngu said...

I am drooling over your Sunday dinner! That sounds so good!!

I am so with you on the moving thing! I hate moving. It is so stressful and exhausting!!

Laura said...

If you guys do move this summer, I will come and help you pack (if it is before June--I don't think that I could help much with a newborn!).

I am only a little over an hour away.

Laura~inkomite

Linzi said...

I will give all the help you need on one condition....You must make me dinner!!!

Chiemi said...

Oooh I want the recipe! That sounds heavenly.

Keri said...

I want the recipe too, you should post it. The thought of it is making me hungry so I have to go find a snack now!!!

niels said...

Horrible?! That weather looks great! :D