Friday, February 15, 2008

Family History roadblock.

My family history buddy and I are stuck.

We're working on the line of John Porter (b. abt 1840 Johnstone, Scotland - d. 14 November 1917 Australia.) and Mary Campbell Barr (b. 17 Jan 1848 Kilwinning, Scotland - d. 9 August 1927 Wallsend, NSW, Australia.) They were married 22 July 1864.

We're struggling with John's parents - John Porter and Jean Faulds. We've got some dates but not enough to make a proper connection.




I'm hoping this will come up in a google search and that someone with the information we need will leave me a cheeky or email me.

6 comments:

abritdifferent said...

It's great you're doing this. I need to get info from my "father". Thing is he's a deadbeat and well, it won't be easy. He's done a ton of work. He's not LDS, if you hadn't guessed.

The Frys said...

Back to WA!! Of course I'll have a room for you. We can cook together, and scrapbook, and talk, and play, and watch movies and play games and make dessert....

That is all of course that we're still here this summer. I hope so! Miss you :)

Chiemi said...

I hope you can get over this roadblock, You inspire me!

Chiemi said...

I forgot to add...I tag you! Check out my blog for details!

Beth said...

I hope your roadblock doesn't last long. We're still trying to find info. on my grandfather. Of course running away from home at 16 and never telling anyone who your parents are, along with the county court house burning down, doesn't help much! My cousin works on that side of the family. I just have to work with the Germans and Scots. what a combination!

mandi said...

This may be way too late, but I have the "Faulds" line going back to Andrew born 1675, if you need it. John and Mary Porter are my great great great grandparents. Thanks for posting that photo!