Thursday, February 7, 2008

It just keeps getting colder and colder!

Yesterday was the first time in a while I got out of the house for a reason other than going to church. My friend, Faith took me out to Porter's craft shop for a couple of hours. It was so nice to get out but I pushed it and came home with an aching back. It was fun and I was inspired to get crafty again.

Faith had a baby shower on Tuesday night which I went to - only because I can't help liking her so much. (I don't do baby showers or bridal showers.) Two games were played. One I'd played before. They melt a chocolate bar in a nappy and you have to guess what it is by smelling it and examining it. I'm not too good at it because I don't like American chocolate but I got 4 out of 7 which is very good for me.
Then we split into two teams and were all given a baby bottle with 4oz of chocolate milk in it. We were given a minute to drink as much as we could and then the people from each team had a drink-off to see who was the ultimate big baby.
Out of the 11 people there 4 of us weren't pregnant.

The weather here is mingin! Yesterday I think there was another foot of snow and then this morning... ugh! More. It does make for good pictures though.

4 comments:

Daniello Dello said...

Yeah the snow is horrible!! Yesterday at like midnight Sara and I face planted in it without putting warm clothing on. Dang that was cold. Pictures will be on my blog shortly.

mandy said...

I love the pictures! So beautiful, but not sad to miss it. I enjoy the no snow St. George. Looks like the shower was fun. I have played both games before, the bottle one made my mouth hurt! From sucking so hard!
ps... thanks for the tip about the tools. i feel stupid! :)

Nelson Fam said...

Reading about baby showers in the ward makes me home sick! But seeing the pictures of the snow makes it not too bad. Once again I have to say that I love reading your blog!

Beth said...

Can next weeks word of the week be "mingin"? I love the sound of it but I'm not quite sure how to use it and wouldn't want to look any more uneducated than I already do. The snow is beautiful but makes my bones ache just looking at it. Days like that I just want hot cocoa and a good book.