Friday, February 1, 2008

Rant.

I hope you're ready for this...

When Stuart got his scholarships and grants in at the start of the semester things looked really good. We decided it looked so good that Stuart wouldn't have to work which meant he could really focus on his grades.

They took $500 away from us for some reason and we decided that we could just squeak by without having Stuart work. We'd budget and it'd be fine.

Today, the phone rang and it was for Stuart who was at school. It was the accounting office needing to talk to him as soon as possible.

Stuart phoned and I told him about it. He went to the accounting office and was told that the $500 scholarship we were counting on to tie us through to the end of the semester wasn't for him... Yeah. So we

9 comments:

Keri said...

AUGH!!!!!!!!! That is not nice of them...did you tell them that???

Chiemi said...

That's terrible, how could they do that to you? I hope that something works out for you. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Sherpa said...

Oh no!

Nelson Fam said...

I do not blame you for being upset! I would be too! Dang it anyways!

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry to hear that it was not good news. I don't have $1000 but let me know if there is something smaller that I can do to help. I love you.

beth said...

Good things will come, I promise. Steve and I keep being blessed and I just knew we needed to get through school and things would work out. I donn't know how in the world we made it through without filing bankruptcy but we did it! Yeah! I think I wouuld give someone a piece of my mind, too!

Shelly said...

Oh jeez...how annoying. I hate dealign with financial aid people. So nonchalant about money coming out of your pocket!! I am sorry.

Jessica and Tanner said...

Laura! Hey... okay I'm a bit lame and just now clicked on the link to your blog from Lindz's page. We're totally in the same ward and I'm retarted for not saying, "hi" or anything up until now. Although, I suppose that online still doesn't really count. Well, your blog is great and I feel like I know you now, because I've read so much of it. Hope to see ya soon.

abritdifferent said...

I'm sure you are both stressed out a ton cos of this. When crap like this happens to me, I just relax and listen to my Mum's voice saying, "Whit's fur ye won't go by ye." Everything will work out. Doesn't it always?