Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bizarre bazaar?

Saturday was fun. Hilary and I headed out to Idaho Falls to find the Bazaar - and we did. I was expecting the prices to be extortionate but they weren't, they were quite reasonable. It's a good thing we're moving out of here in a few weeks. I didn't buy a thing though they had tons of little bits and pieces I'd have loved. I kept saying things like "someday when I have my own house..." Seriously. When I do have my own house I'm going to have to hit one of those places up. They had lots of those wooden signs you see everywhere and some vinyl quotes which the American in me loves. They also have a lot of seasonal decorations which is something that's quite grown on me through the last 4 years. Basically it's a mormon woman boutique complete with baby bows and hooter hiders.

The word 'Bazaar' is Persian and means "The place of prices"... makes sense! And I think I heard 'bazaar' in the Aladdin song or somewhere...


Easter Sunday we're planning on having a Pot Luck dinner. If anyone's interested in that let me know. We'll have it around 6pm and it'll be picnic food style (potato salad, devilled eggs, chicken salad etc.) - handy if you're getting ready to move out and need to get rid of some food ;) Hopefully we'll be able to have a couple of bbq's before we leave. I miss seeing people and nothing brings them out like a bbq ;)

11 comments:

Daniello Dello said...

They do mention a bazaar in Aladdin during the Prince Ali song. By the way, mom is sending a package with a bunch of easter goodies for all of us so when I get that we should get together and have a wee party!

G.'s Mommy said...

Can I tell you how much I absolutely LOVE reading your blog??? I love all the little Scotland-ish words you use! I know how it is to clean an apartment, we're just switching so I'll have to pack, clean and then unpack all in like a week.... at least you have a storage unit. Where are you guys going though??? We'll miss you here!

The Beals said...

Hey Laura! It was good to hear from you. Yes I met Sis. Forsberg and of course love her! She told me that I knew someone up here that she was good friends with. It is such a small world isn't it? I can't believe that one of your friends lived in the house that I grew up in... so strange. Anyhow, hope everything is going well for you!

mandy said...

I love you laura... and completly laughed my head off just reading the hooter hiders. :)
glad to see you enjoyed the bazaar. :)

Atkins Family said...

Count me in for the BBQ. Just kidding don't I won't beable to make it. But I wish I could. I miss those days. Any trips planned back to the good ol' UK anytime soon? I miss your guts!!!

G.'s Mommy said...

We're moving to building 8 into a townhouse and off of the third floor here in building 11. I'm so looking forward to not having to climb like a million stairs just to get to my apartment :D What do you guys do in Seattle? I went there once and I loved it!

Marnee said...

LOL so... whats a hooter hider?

I can guess!

Keri said...

I want to come!! I want to come!! Not sure if we can make it, but I really would love to be there!

The Riries said...

You guys are moving out? I didn't know that! It's crazy we've both been at UV for like more than two years! I saw you and Stuart at church on Sunday and was about to say hi, and then we got chastised by your teacher (Bryan Raybon, I think), so we got scared and ran away. :) Are you guys coming back to Rexburg or are you gone forever?

The Riries said...

Haha, he ruined our greeting!! :( Oh well, hopefully we can still be friends. :) Wow, packing up after three years? Crazy. I hate moving. At least packing up now will make it easier the next time around. Good luck, let me know if I can help.

Chiemi said...

Ugh! I hate moving! Such a pain in the bum. You know what I think of aladdin when I think of Bazaar too! Sounds like fun.