Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking How-To:

Keep in mind I only started this yesterday. Here's how I got started:

Got a free 30 day trial of adobe photoshop. I love it! (We're on day 3 and I'm completely addicted.)

Google search "free digital scrapbooking" and download papers and embellishments til your heart's content. Remember to extract the files so you can use them.

Go to ShabbyPrincess.com for a video tutorial on how to create your first digital layout. I had tried other tutorials but this one got me all the way through and seeing it makes it easier for me. I went through it twice.

Easy!




Why I love digital scrapbooking:

I can kick out a layout in a matter of minutes.
I don't have to clean up afterwards.
No searching for your scissors.
You don't have to organise your mess so much.
If you make a mistake no worries...
It's Free!
You can use the same picture a billion times and you don't have to get it reprinted.
It looks crisper and makes a really cute gift. ie. Mother's Day card etc...


Let me know if you try it. I want to see your pictures.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Love the page! It is so cute. I am also into the digital scrapbooking. Go to scrapgirls.com and sign up for their newsletter. You get something free everyday! Take a look at my blog to see a page that I have done!http://crystalpher.blogspot.com/

I have lots of files so if you are looking for something specific let me know. I can email you some goodies!

Chiemi said...

That is a very cute page! I get the scrapgirls newsletter too! They send really cute stuff. I love digital scrapbooking. It's so much fun!

tara said...

I am so going to try this..thanks!

And I love your page. Cherry blossoms remind me of home:)