Friday, March 7, 2008

I stand all amazed, yo!





Today has been one of those days - the kind that only seems to happen once in a life time. Atleast it's the first time it's ever happened to me.

First of all, our package arrived from Beki. I was stunned by her sweetness. She sent me one of her hoodies which to me is like a Beki Hug except she's not touching my bum. Ha! It smells like her and that seems to trigger my homesickness every time. The smell. I love it but it makes me sad at the same time. She sent a little something for me and a little something for Stuie. We love it. She sent some money too that I'm going to have trouble spending because it's a lot of money and from Beki, it's an awful lot... Don't rob us. So that was the first amazement of the day. It filled my heart.

Second - and this is just making my already full heart pour right over. It's insane. Stuart made some really yummy burgers for dinner and we sat down together to eat and snuggle on the lovesac to watch Harry Potter. Just as I'd finished munching the door bell rang. Stu got up to answer it. When he opened the door he just stood there and didn't talk - kind of like when he answers the phone. Silence. He steps out the door and bends down. Weird. He picks something big up and comes back in. All the while I'm thinking he just standing there having a staring contest with whoever's at the door.

He comes in with a laundry basket with a blanket in it and puts it down; puzzled. We sat and stared at it for a bit. I was scared to open it incase there was an angry cat in it or worse, a white rabbit - I'm really scared of white rabbits. I told Stuart to open it and he told me to open it. Me, being brave began to open it. Right as I was pulling the blanket open I had the scariest thought that there would be a baby in it. Someone left a baby on our doorstep! Stuart later told me he was worried there was a baby in it too. It was the perfect size.

I opened it up to be stunned. It was really funny too.
I opened the card on the Scottish Doritos and recognised the handwriting right away. Let me just say that I might as well die right now, how can today be topped? I have the best little sister and the best friends in the world. I promptly went to phone her... Stunned. I very almost cried.

I had been feeling homesick since smelling Beki and just wanting to hug her for being so sweet. Then I was brought back to up from my homesick slump but these wonderful friends.

You guys know who you are. I love you and I'm really going to miss you when you leave me. And it finally dawned on me that you're so obsessed with my Scottishness that you named your son after the Patron Saint of Scotland. I'm flattered.

Thank you sister and practically sister. I love you both to bits.

Look how Scottish my fridge looks:

10 comments:

Shannon said...

That does sound like a great day. You have very nice friends and a wonderful sister. You deserve all that sweetness, too.

spyderette said...

awwww! made me cry a little. glad you have such a loving, supportive sister and great friends to give you a little boost when you need it. :)

Tracy Ngu said...

That is so awesome!! What great friends and what a great sister you have! You are so blessed!! :)

Tucker Family said...

What wonderful friends and a great sister.

Stephanie said...

You deserve all the good that comes to you!

beki said...

just spend it woman! i didnt mean to make you homesick...the hoodie only smells of me bacuse i bought it for you in january and its been in my house since then...i have more stuff im going to be sending shortly. i hoped you'd like your charlie and lola bath mits i thought they were super!
love you xx

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

You are such an easy person to love. It is not surprising that people respond to that. You deserve everything you get.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Hey. Thanks for caring. We weren't at church because we were in Utah yesterday and today. I surprised Jon with tickets to a Jazz game. He had a good time. We didn't get back up here in time to make it to church. :(

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I thought maybe I should clarify that the tickets were for a game on Saturday. We weren't ditching church for a basketball game. We simply spent a little too much time at our in-laws house to make it to church on time. :) (Just in case anyone was wondering)

Lauren said...

Family and friends it doesn't get any better than that. I am telling you cherish those Rexburg friends, because there isn't another lot of them anywhere in the world. I miss you all so much and hate having to make new friends, they just don't compare. Man, if it wasn't so stinking, freaking cold up there maybe we could have stayed forever. Well, only if everyone else did too. It would be like a Utopia all of us living in one place. AAAHH, I think that is what I will dream about tonight. Love ya!