Monday, March 31, 2008

The last whole week before leaving...

Time's winding down quite quickly. We've packed as much as we can at this point and come tomorrow those boxes and furniture will be getting moved into storage then I'll be super busy again. We're aiming to get as much out as possible - our bed, entertainment unit, kitchen table etc... We have a little tv stand we'll use, the cordaroy will be our bed and our laps will be our table. That's pretty much all the big stuff.
There's a few things we're getting rid of. If anyone wants any of it they can come get it.
Armoire/Entertainment unity thing: can be used to house a tv or used as bedroom storage. It's got 2 drawers in the bottom of it and shelving in the top half that can be closed behind doors. We've also got a HiFi to get rid of and 2 chairs. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. We'll probably leave it outside to be claimed for a day before putting it in the DI pod.

Yesterday before church we went to find our storage unit. It was easier to find than expected so we came back and grabbed my camera and went to take pictures of the Temple.


Check out those mountains behind Stuart. That's what makes me feel so far away from home.


I've decided I'll never take a picture in black and white again because I can make them black and white after taking them but I can't turn a black and white picture into a coloured picture. I haven't edited any of these pictures yet - I think that was my point.



Today I hung out with the lovely Linzi for a bit. We decided to take a little roadtrip down to Utah to see Lauren who I haven't seen for about a year now - is it really a WHOLE year, Lauren? We're super-DUPER excited for our day trip. It's going to be my life saver trip - the one that'll give me a day to not be stressed. Maybe I'll live one day longer because of it? ;)

15 comments:

Tracy Ngu said...

I love roadtrips! I think it will be so good for you to get away for awhile! Have fun!! :)

Linzi said...

A road trip with me is one you definetly will never forget. Let's hope you survive :)

Keri said...

Have fun and tell Lauren hello from me!!!

Jen Herem said...

Beautiful Pics!!

Jessica and Tanner said...

Come on over! Okay... well maybe give me a little warning first, but seriously. I am here pretty much all day, secretly hoping that someone just surprises me by showing up at my door. Pretty pathetic when I could just call someone, I know. Well, I am usually all ready to go around 11:00, so how about tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. Or all three days, because it actually might take that long. I have forgotten to mention that our laptop is the slowest computer on the planet. This could get in the way a bit, but hey, if you don't care I don't either.

But let me know if you do.

Can't wait!

Scott and Stacia said...

Enjoy your vacation!! Road trips are always nice, especially when it consists of leaving Rexburg for a warmer climate :) I love the temple pictures!

Lauren said...

Yes, it has been a whole year, this month. Can you believe it? I can't. My hair is very dark chocolate brown and no, I am not going emo on you (whatever that means). Can't wait for Friday and if it is chicken salad that you want, then it is chicken salad that you shall get!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

You better drop by before you leave. I miss our Wednesday chats! Hey, tomorrow is Wednesday...

Laura said...

Sarah: I'm going to come see you tomorrow. I miss our Wednesday's too.

Lauren: I stinkin love your chicken salad. You should post your recipe on your blog. AND I can't wait to see you. I'm glad you haven't forgotten me :)

Stacia: I'm not expecting it to be too much warmer but it will be a nice change of scenery. I love roadtrips and I love girly roadtrips!

Jessica: I'm coming to see you today. I'm going to phone you in a minute and don't know why I'm typing this. I don't expect you to see it before I see you :S

Jen: Thanks. I always have my camera in my bag so I get a lot of good and random pictures where ever I go. I love the pictures I've seen that you've taken too.

Keri: I will. I think she might even have read your message.

Linzi: I'm really excited. We just need to be careful because of my back. It's been really sore these past 2 days so try and control your driving skills, ok?

Tracy: I love you.

The Riries said...

Cute pics--and cute people in them! That's so crazy you guys are leaving so soon! :( Oh, and yes, you guys totally need to buy an Adams Natural Peanut Butter sweatshirt! Show your family pride! :)

Megan Marie said...

yay for cute couples at the temple! you are darn cute!

G.'s Mommy said...

I love your post! The pictures are amazing! I can't believe there's only one full week left... I'll be here when you get back though!!! I read your Snicker Salad Recipe and my family makes it too! We combine the whipped cream with a small packet of Vanilla Pudding mix.... makes a really good flavor! Then we put in the apples and snickers.... so good! My sister-in-law usually made it for family get-togethers. Hope your trip to Utah is awesome!!!

Greg and Michelle said...

Cute pictures!!! You guys are a GORGEOUS couple! I hope that you are getting everything down with out being too stressed!

Chiemi said...

Wow, those pictures of the temple are awesome! I love the last one of you and Stuart. So cute! I hope you have a great time on your road trip. You totally deserve it. :)

Jessica and Tanner said...

okay... I was seriously considering NOT leaving another message, just to try to avoid looking stupid, but I must. It has only been a day and I have already managed to forget what you showed me about color changing on photoshop. I know to press ctrl U, but I cant seem to figure out how to single out a color!
help!