Thursday, March 27, 2008

Slump? Who, me?

I'm coming out of the slump. By updating my blog I feel like I'm reconnecting with people - anyone with a blog will understand that. Blogging is a nice little short break from packing or cleaning anyway. I can sit down and still be productive. Yuss!

Just to clear up what I meant by "Time Out" in my last post: I feel like I've taken a time out from my blog and from posting and leaving comments on friends blogs even though I've been reading them before bed as a kind of wind down. I've just not had the pep to leave comments. During that time out I've been miserable and disconnected from everyone. It doesn't take long to write an entry so I'm going to get back to doing that.

I was able to chat to my dad today and he really lightened my spirits and reminded me that I'm not a horrible person and that he loves me. Sweet.
Anyway...

After my last post I decided to make a new recipe. That's on of my most favorite things to do and I haven't done it in a while. I made a meal my dad would be proud of. Seriously. Chinese Spare Ribs. Even though it snowed today it felt like summer with these babies.

The recipe I made up is written on that paper if you want to steal it. I added honey to it too but didn't write that down.

Emma, don't I look like dad here? I was disappointed I didn't actually have food particles stuck to my face to make me look more like him. Haha.



Does everyone know about Google Analytics and iGoogle? Google Analytics is a thing you set up and put the code onto your website. It tells you how many viewers you get, where they come from, how they got there, what pages they look at, how long they stay on your blog and everything. It's amazing. It tells you a lot. Check it out. I really like it.

iGoogle or Google Reader is the newer thing I've been using. You put in the addresses of the blogs you read and it tells you when there's new posts on them. It saves a load of time for me. It's pretty nifty.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Laura, I must tell you that I love your blog!! It always makes me smile when I read it...the one bad thing is that I always end up feeling hungry because you post such yummy recipes and pictures on here. I love them though, keep them coming!!!! I added the Google things to track my page, it's cool, thanks!

Sara said...

Your ribs look delicious!

I love Google Reader too. It's so much better than having to go to all the blogs and check for updates.

Tracy Ngu said...

Okay, I am on my way to your house for dinner! Save me some ribs!!

They sure look yummy!

Jessica and Tanner said...

Thanks for the google tips. Although, like I have expressed to you before, I am horrible at figuring things out online. I think I've got the Google Analytics thing down and tracking, but as for the Google Reader... I'm just stuck. I know you're probably laughing at my stupidity, but seriously. I went to the page and I just cant figure out how to add blogs to your account, so you can get updates. If you have a moment to spare for some blogging help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

p.s. You have gorgeous, gorgeous eyes. Just needed to say.