Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tea Party!

Yesterday was our much anticipated Tea Party. Stuart has some friends here that he went to high school with so they all went away and played and let us wives play.

The day started on Friday for me. I cleaned hard core all day and rearranged furniture and packed some things away. The place was (and still is) spotless. I love waking up to a clean and tidy kitchen. It makes the day that much nicer.
Our walls are all naked, much to the disturbance of anyone who comes to visit :( It is pretty sad. I'm going to miss our apartment.

On Saturday morning as I was dashing about making and baking things the postman came and delivered two packages for us. One was packed with sweeties and the other had little Easter gifts. My favorite thing was this: All our other decorations are packed away and these little Spring blocks were perfect for our tea party. Thanks Beth!

We had a light lunch which was super yummy - devilled eggs, chicken salad croissants, chocolate croissants, snicker salad, cup cakes and poppy seed cake. I pulled out my lace table cloth specially.The boys were gone a while and we were able to chat and then someone had the brilliant idea to go to Porter's craft store and find a project for ourselves. We went and spent a while there. I came back with 5 wood blocks, white paint, sand paper and a piece of paper. Here's what I came up with:

I was inspired.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Good gravy you are talented!!

Love your home and decor tastes, Martha. Oops. I mean Laura. My bad.

Tracy Ngu said...

Cute blocks!

I am intrigued by Snicker Salad! What is that??

LeaAnne said...

First, I need to know about the Snickers Salad!
Next, I love all the blocks! And now I have been inspired!! Now we have a great FHE idea thanks a bunch! Hope you had a great Easter!

Faith, Matt, & Joe said...

Laura! good work on your place- i haven't even started packing yet! it looks amazing and i love your blog!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Again, you are all prepared for moving, and I haven't even packed one box yet. I have been thinking about it though....

bequi said...

You might be the cutest craftiest person I've ever pseudo-met. And have I mentiopned that I LOVE LOVE LOVE you hair curlers picture?

Schwendi said...

Those blocks are sooo cute!