Friday, April 25, 2008

Dreams of the future:

I want it to be a 2 storey house with the bedrooms all upstairs and the kitchen and livingroom downstairs, like the houses I've always lived in. I want Stuart to have a 9-5 job so that he doesn't have to leave super early or get home too late.

Right now I'm having a really hard time with my back - moreso my right hip. I think it's a lot to do with not sleeping on an actual bed. It puts a lot of pressure on my hips when I roll over because we're sleeping on the normally super-duper comfy cordaroy. It looks like we might need to by a bed sometime in the near future. It's also good to know that memory foam is evil and gives no proper support to my back. We'll stay clear of that in our mattress purchase.

Nothing much is new since my last post. I'm feeling a lot better. I'm practically as fit as a fiddle. I got to talk to Beki today and see the twins on the webcam for the first time properly. It was really nice. I got to entertain Cameron with my nifty webcam accessories too which was pretty funny. He wants Stuart and me to visit him tomorrow :( I miss the wee man.

Today I got up at 5.30am. That's when this house seems to be awake. We sleep in the room right next to the garage door and alarm so we hear all the activations and warnings of the alarm system and the door opening and closing, loud and clear - hence why I want to live in a normal 2 storey house with bedrooms all together...

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Laura! Its good to see you guys are doing good! Sorry you haven't been feeling to great though!

Send me your e-mail and I'll get you added to our list for our blog.

Brooke Banta
MEr01009@gmail.com

Lauren said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Regarding the cleanliness of my child, did you happen to miss the carrots on the sleeve of his shirt? It may be faint, but if you look closely there are some nice orange spots. I try my hardest (I like clean children, A LOT) but he is either peeing through clothes or getting food on them; one way or another.

Rusti said...

I'm glad you got to see Beki and the kids on webcam. I bet that makes it makes you feel closer for a moment. Aren't you so glad that we have things like that? I can't imagine what it'd be like to live far apart from family 50 years ago. It'd be even harder than it is now.

Love your new header by the way!

Chiemi said...

I like your dream. I just want a home at the moment. I know lame dream.