Thursday, April 3, 2008

The week so far in pictures...

Alright, this week has been full steam ahead. Stuart started moving things into storage yesterday and at the spur of the moment we decided to get rid of our bed - less stress not having to move the thing out or move it back in. I've been making my rounds catching up with people before we leave. I think I've visited one person every day this week and tomorrow is roadtrip day. Today there's a lot more to be done though. The apartment is a pig sty. Let's take a tour!
On top of all the moving he has a project for his sculpture class where he has to make a chair out of cardboard. When people come in and see all the cardboard boxes in the livingroom they think they're being used for packing. No. They're being used by Stuart to make a chair that he has to sit on through class next week. I really wish this had been one of his first projects, it's hard to pack around a giant cardboard chair...

The chair isn't done yet, don't worry. I'll have him blog about it ;) As you can see on the little round table there's a 1000 piece jigsaw. Stuart started it on Sunday night and really wanted to finish it. I'm terrible at jigsaws but we finished it last night - one more thing off the list!
On Tuesday when I came home from visiting a friend the apartment smelled really strange. It smelled like burnt plastic. Stuart had been making himself a hot dog. He couldn't hear the water boiling after half an hour so went to see what was wrong...


He turned on the wrong hob on the stove and melted a fish slice/turner to a frying pan... Two less things to pack!
So, there you have it. The week so far.

To Do, Today:
Pack.
Make cookies for Stuart's class.
Visit Faith and baby Joe.
Shower.
Charge batteries for tomorrow.
Get to bed earlier...

6 comments:

Tracy Ngu said...

Wow, looking at all those pictures makes me remember how much I HATE moving! That's what our apartment looked like as we were packing it up. It seemed like the stuff we had was neverending!

Kizzie and Andy said...

Wow! You've been busy! I HATE moving, packing is the pits! Good luck finishing up!
And Stuart's chair looks interesting, I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!
Have fun visiting friends, and Good luck finishing packing! I don't envy you!

Keri said...

Moving...yuck! I have done my share of that for awhile...at least I hope! Good luck with everything!

Stephanie said...

Phew, I'm tired!

bequi said...

If he ever wants ideas for more cardboard chairs (since you'll need to do something with all those boxes after you move anyway ;-) ) here's a google search I did.
http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4IRFA_enUS229US229&q=cardboard+chair&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Scott and Stacia said...

Good luck with the final things on the to do list! Moving is no fun for anyone...anyone that likes it is CRAZY! Hope all goes well!