Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ice-cream, Tetherball and Friendship shoes...

Friday was pay day so I was all set to go put Stuart's cheque in the bank when he got home. Megan and Danielle came too. They had planned a surprise trip to Dairy Queen. So off we went. Then we went to one of my favorite spots here in town and ate our ice-cream and played.

Then later on Stuart took me to Target because I looked like this a lot of the week, curly haired and dowr. -
We bought a monster tetherball set and 2 kites. We're getting set for summer fun. When we got the tetherball thingy it reminded me of a summer when I was growing up. We lived in Brechin so I was probably 9 or 10. My family never really had a disposable income but we always spent time together BUT it was the last day of school before the summer holidays. We came home from school to find my mum and dad had bought us a bunch of summer toys. One of the games was a tetherball set except it was the British version. Instead of it being a big ball on the end it's a tennis ball and you hit it with bats. It brought back a lot of fun memories and I'm REALLY excited to play it.

Saturday is was rainy and Megan was feeling quite sad so we went to the Outlet Mall. We went to the Converse shop where we bought some shoes. Matching shoes. Friendship shoes.
I always wanted a pair of black Chuck's to wear with my black cord's and now I have them! Yaay! I also bought a dress that is very cute. Megan bought board shorts and a tshirt. On the way out we went to Rocky Mountain Candy Factory and got an Avalanche Apple, now dubbed Crazy Apple. That was the yummiest apple I've ever had. Someone is very clever for opening that shop. Genius! We were able to save one piece for Stuart, barely.
Look how happy that apple makes Megan and she hasn't even tasted it yet!
On the way home we stopped at the fair/carnival/The Shows. We didn't go on any rides but next week we would like to go with our loved ones.
Then we came home and played tetherball in the rain.
And then the game was over...
Then we played Rockband and Singstar into the wee hours of the morning.

9 comments:

Keri said...

That apple looks amazing...I want one right now!!! Were you in North Bend or somewhere else with Outlet stores?

Laura said...

Nope, we were at the ones in Marysville, WA just 45 minutes north of Seattle.

Megan Marie said...

I love those apples, there's a carmel-apple-cheesecake one that I looooove! You look like you are having way too much fun! no fair! That tetherball looks like the earth when it is going fast and stuart isn't being very earth-friendly. I miss you!

mandy said...

yummy! my mouth started to water when I saw that apple! Those are my favorit! I like your hair curly. Looks like a ton of fun. I want to play tetherball.
The picture of you all on the ball, at first I thought it was a real ball and I was like where did they buy that!? I want one! :) silly me.
Miss you! Have tons of fun up there this summer

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I'm sorry things have been a little rough. I still don't even know if i did anything right, but I think I set up an account with the name jackhouser@live.com. Is that even right? Help!

Tracy Ngu said...

That all looks like so much fun!! That candy apple looks scrumptious!! I am glad you were able to get out and have some fun!! That makes me happy!

I love your new shoes too!! :)

The Hamm Bunch said...

rocky mountain is my favorite! So jealous!

G.'s Mommy said...

I know Megan too! She lived in the dorm next to me here at BYU-I! How funny! Looks like you guys had a blast that day! The apples look wonderful!!!!

beki said...

that apple looks so good!
but my pizza crunch was better i bet!
i hate that your blog hasn't got heaps of picts of me and you together we dont hang out anymore tsk!
come home!!!!!