Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good News.

The hardened tissue that was building up around my sciatic nerve is no longer. This means no more sharp pain in my right leg, no more constant aching in my right hip and no more waking up in the middle of the night because I've tried to roll over and the pressure on my right hip is killing me. Yay!

It's amazing how the worst pain you've ever felt/felt for longer than any other pain kind of grows on you. I'd forgotten what it felt like to not have it. It feels good! Lifting the toilet seat doesn't hurt me anymore!

I do still need to be careful but luckily through being hurt for so long I'm very aware of my limits. I'm very excited.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

that really is good news. I can't imagine what chronic pain must be like. Miserable I assume. Thanks for the tip on the photoshop. I'm going to work on it tonight. Maybe I'll post a before and after. Thanks!

Kritta22 said...

I'm so glad you feel better!! Yay for you, chica!

Linzi said...

Hurray! That is so exciting. Good for you!

Lauren said...

I am so happy for you. I can't imagine what it would be like to have constant pain I am glad it has been relieved for you, what a blessing. Enjoy lifting the toilet seat without pain. Wait a minute you don't have to lift the toilet seat? What is going on here? Hmmmm....

Scott and Stacia said...

Yippee!! I am so glad you are feeling better!

Seatle looks like so much fun! It has been such a long time since I have been there. Scott is from that area and misses it lots (his family isn't there anymore, so that says a lot)!

Laura said...

I ofcourse meant the toilet seat lid... I guess that conjured up some interesting mental images, Lauren!

Chiemi said...

Yay!! I am so glad that pain has gone away. Back pain is the worst!

beth said...

wow! i thought i had it bad during my pregnancy. I'm glad you are feeling better now.

Tracy Ngu said...

I am so glad your pain is going away! I hope is stays gone!!

Shannon said...

That's fantastic news! Did it go away all on it's own or did you find some fancy voodoo doctor of some sort?

Lauren said...

Hey, when are heading back to Rexburg? I am thinking of making a trip up there and am just wondering when you will be back so I can see if it will work for me to wait until you are there too. Let me know.

abritdifferent said...

I know how that pain feels and I'm so happy for you that you don't have to deal with it anymore. Woohoo!