Monday, June 23, 2008

I don't think you're ready for this jelly...

On Friday we went on a little trek. It was super sunny outside (85'f) and we wanted to start the weekend off good. We decided just to go out on a walk and see where we ended up...It was fun.
Then we got up nice and early on Saturday for a day of fun. Stuart FINALLY took me into Seattle. It's only taken 5 years for it to happen but it happened and it was probably the greatest day ever.
We started off by going into Seattle to see the Troll under the bridge. It was really busy so we didn't get to park. It was a drive by photoshooting. Then we headed to Point Defiance for the zooooo BUT on the way we stopped at the seafront in Tacoma. I love the sea.
Then we headed to the zoo for real.
We spent a few hours at the zoo and then it was time for...

We parked at Pike Place and decided to trot about Seattle instead of drive. I was really surprised about this because part of why it's taken so long for Stuart to take me into Seattle is because he's scared of being mugged/raped or that the car would be broken into/stolen. It seems my reasurrances have worked. He is not keen of homeless people and thinks they all want to steal from him, bless his heart. He seemed to be all chillaxed the whole time but tells me there were a couple times he was sweating with fear. What a man.

Good thing he wasn't attacked or anything because I'm officially in LOVE with Seattle. I love the atmosphere of the city. If I was single (and American) I'd totally live in an apartment in the middle of Seattle. Stuart could see me living there like that too. Stuart is the complete opposite though. I couldn't even imagine him walking around Seattle. That's part of what made it the best weekend. Miracles happen. Stuart bought me a big bunch of peonies (my favorite flowers) from Pike Place. How romantic.
And the perfect way to end any trip that takes us anywhere near Seattle...

10 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Congrats on getting Stuart to Sea-town! I L OV E Point Defiance Zoo...it's my favorite by far! And to end with Dick's..it was a perfect day!! Thanks for sharing!

Hilary said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally got to go to Seattle!!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

Looks like fun. I have always wanted to go to Seattle. I'm jealous!. Did you see Edward the vampire there by chance?

Rachel said...

Yay! I love Seattle too. SInce you love it so much maybe we can all go together.....I know I know it's been all my fault we haven't seen each other. But, I am feeling pretty good now. Jake's schedule is becoming more regular, etc...

Congrats to Stuart for being a man ;)

Linzi said...

See....you do have fun. I'm jealous.

Stephanie said...

I love Seattle too. It really is my favorite city. Good for you guys to explore it all. Although my feet hurt just reading about it.

Mal & Jon said...

THat was the most fun story i've read all night!

Tracy Ngu said...

Hi Laura!! Seattle looks like a lot of fun, I would love to go there some day!

Chiemi said...

That looks like you had sooo much fun!

crunchiemummy said...

I love Seattle and Tacoma too -- we were last there visiting my dad about 5 years ago. Good times! Glad you had a good time!