Sunday, July 6, 2008

Kites, Friends, Zoo and Burgers...

A while ago Stuart and I bought a couple of kites. I've been really excited to get them out and flying but we never got round to it until yesterday afternoon. It was quite blustery outside but it wasn't a constant bluster so the kite flying didn't last long but it was still a lot of fun.At 3pm we headed into Seattle with some friends to go to the zoo and a few other places. The weather was perfect... In the big budgie cage you can buy a stick with some bird seed on it for a buck. A little boy, probably about 6 or 7 had one and was feeding a little bird. The bird hopped onto his stick and was eating away when the little guy started freaking out. It was really funny. The bird was getting closer to his hand which made his spazz out even more. He ended up screaming and shouting "Get it OFF! GET IT OFF!!" His family just ignored him. The bird flew away when he shook it off but he had an amazing look of terror on his face. It was hilarious. I wish I'd got it on video but I was too busy laughing.



The butterfly house was fun. We learned that the butterflies eat a mixture of fruit punch, gatorade and grapes (was it grapes?)...



I was really excited about the flamingoes...

The giraffe's were one of the last things we went to see. There was this one that was making us laugh. It was licking the side of the building the whole time.
After a few minutes of watching it I felt something staring at me. I looked around and couldn't see anyone. Then I looked up...

It kept looking at me for a loooong time. No blinking. No moving. Nothing. Just looking.

After zoo-time we went quick to the Troll Under the Bridge and then to Dick's for dinner and then home.


It was a very fun day.

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! I totally love the pictures!

Ryan and Cecily said...

This looks like so much fun! The pictures are awesome!