Saturday, September 6, 2008

The van.

It took about 10 minutes to get off the plane, pick up our baggage and get to the car rental place. Getting the car took what felt like forever. and. ever.

Whilst waiting in the sweltering hot underground garage we witnessed an accident. There was a woman parked where she shouldn't have been (women drivers!) and a little Asian guy who needed to get his blue Chrysler PT cruiser out of the space but the women was parked behind him. I have no idea what he thought he was doing (male drivers!) but he backed out at a weird angle and then crashed. Yep. He crashed his rental car within 2 seconds of sitting it in.

Our van was horrible. We should have crashed it. I sat in the back most of the time and tended to end up in the middle. It was cosy back there AND my stinkin seatbelt was at the most awkward high angle...

If we had crashed it would have sliced my head off.

4 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

That does not look like a fun ride! But it does sound like you had a blast in California!! How fun to eat a boat, see a moving staue and drive a backfiring car. Sounds like a blast! I hope your back is feeling better!

Manda said...

Oh man. I feel so bad for you, but the look on your face in that seatbelt pic is cracking me up. You're too funny!

Tracy Ngu said...

Lol! Great picture!

It sounds like you had so much fun in California! I love the pictures!

Daniello Dello said...

I really like that picture :)