Monday, October 6, 2008

I have a dream...

and I'm going to pursue it.

I've always wanted to own a boutique that sells quirky and unique, glittery things. I can completely and totally see it right now in my head. Since being in America I've been introduced to a lot of crafty, fun things that I've embraced and learned ie. digital scrapbooking, paper scrapbooking, book making etc... Things I could have done if they hadn't been unheard of in Scotland. And also things that have huge potential in becoming more than just what they seem to be - cryptic, I know. With the possiblity of going back home - something I never thought would ever happen and had never entertained the idea - I'll take my skills with me. I don't see owning my dream boutique in America, it doesn't feel quite right. I sort of gave up the idea when I came here but now it's coming back to life. I can actually see where it'll be on the Montrose High Street, isn't that strange?

I can see the shop being quite big but filled with bows, flowers, books, beads, framed photos and paintings making it seem smaller. I also imagine having little workshops and guest's coming to visit and share their talents. I've met so many amazingly talented people here that I'd want to share it with them too and if it's successful I dare say there would be a way to make that happen. I also have a very crafty, artistic family who could get their share of it. I'd sponsor Beki with projects we'd create together so she could work on it when she had time and make a little bit of money. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could all make a living off of our talents?

I'd decorate and sell things that are seasonal ie. Halloween means my mum's tablet, chocolate and peanut butter spiders, carmel apples etc... I'm so excited just thinking of all the possiblities!

I have very specific ideas I'm keeping to myself because they're just too good and tempting that someone would steal them - if they were smart! I want to help the little man and help make other people's dreams come true through doing this kind of thing.

Stuart and I are very excited right now.

8 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

you would do so awsome at that. I have only seen some of your work (well those that you post on here) and I think you have amazing talent. I hope it works out for you! I still have visions of opening up a preschool...but not here. We have no idea of where we are going after this place but only plan to be here for up to 3 more years. We will see what happens. Thanks for the post that helps us all understand that our dreams are still possible, even if now is not the right time :) Hope you are feeling well!!

Kritta22 said...

You go girl!!!

Chiemi said...

This sounds so cool! I hope that you can see this dream become a reality!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

That is so awesome. You could totally do it, ya know? That would be exciting if you could really go back and live in Scotland. Then I really could come visit you there!!!

Shannon said...

Sounds perfect!
What's all this about going back to Scotland? Details?

Atkins Family said...

Are you guys moving back?! There is much potential here for crafty stuff. I've thought about going down the vinyl road too, there is a real lack of craty stuff here. Keep me updated! I would love to hear if you move back! There is so much opportunity here!

Lawther family said...

I can so see you there! Wish I had a dream like that. :) How is life in Rexburg these days?

Daniello Dello said...

That is so awesome!! I love the idea. When you have it all set up I will definitely have to come visit you!! :) I'll miss having you guys around but I'm glad you guys are moving up and onward. Good luck!