Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Scotland deets...

I've been keeping the whole moving-back-to-Scotland thing to myself for a few weeks because it's a pretty bold thing to be telling people when we're not completely certain if it'll happen. It's the plan but we're not 100% sure it'll happen.

The story is that we've both been freaking out for a while about the dentistry thing - if you've seen my face this past month you'll have witnessed a lot of stress acne. Stuart's been going through the career crisis for a while and I've been patting him on the back telling him things will be ok and that it'll work out etc... The Sunday before we both started throwing up Stuart asked me in Sacrament meeting what I thought about moving back to Scotland. I've never entertained that thought these past 5 years because it seemed to be a cruel thing for me to focus on and therefore I've never made it an option. I've always thought, I'm here and this is where I have to stay.

So when he asked and I didn't roll my eyes I noticed something felt different about the idea. When we got home from church we prayed together and asked what the heck we're meant to do. We pitched the idea of going back to Scotland to Heavenly Father and when the prayer was over Stuart asked what I was thinking. The only thing I had was something about how when we fly in we can stop in London and get his visa's all worked out then head home to Montrose...

The idea still feels right now. Weither he'll go to Dental School in Scotland or what we don't know. We're working towards that but who knows?

The road block we'd crashed in to seems to be gone and we're both happy with the idea and feel like we're actually progressing now.

10 comments:

Kritta22 said...

WOW!! That's sooooooo awesome! I'm so excited for you! When do you leave? What are your plans? Do you need help?? TELL US MORE!!

abritdifferent said...

I'm depressed.

Keri said...

That is super exciting for you!! I really want to go visit there, I've seen a few movies that were filmed there recently and it looks so beautiful!

Katz said...

That's such exciting news! I hope that everything works out and you'll be able to move back soon.

Manda said...

I'm so happy for you! Maybe if I ever get to visit Scotland, I'll look you guys up! :D

Schows said...

Scotland looks like a dream! I love the thought of you running your own little shop there! Perhaps I could sell my Lolas Locks bows there and mabey my glove animals too! That way I'll have to take the odd "business" trip over there to converse with you!! Miss you already!

Jeff and Bethany Davis said...

Wow, how exciting for you two. As much as we Americans will miss you guys, I hope it happens for you!

Scott and Stacia said...

That is a pretty picture. Scott really wants to go to Scottland. I am sure we will go sometime. If you live there than we would have to visit you guys :)

Tracy Ngu said...

I think it would be so cool for you to get to go back to Scotland and live! You will get to be close to your family! If you go , I hope it will give you a great life!

Any chance you could stop by Erie, PA on your way?? :)

Chiemi said...

So cool! I think it would be so awesome for you to move back to Scotland and be near your family. I hope things work out!!