Sunday, November 16, 2008

Homemade challenge.

I made a pledge this year to make all the gifts I'm giving - have I mentioned this before?
The crafting is going along swimmingly and I really couldn't be more on track or happier with how things are turning out.
On Friday night Betsy came over for dinner and then we went over to Olivia's to do some craft stuff whilst Tyler was at school and Anthony was at work (and Stuart was at home :S). On Wednesday Betsy reminded me of something I'd been wanting to do for a while but always talked myself out of because I wasn't sure how much it would cost and I didn't quite know how to go about it. I finally went ahead and did it - thanks to friends who take me out on errands with them because if I was to do this with Stuart... well, I never would get to do this. Liv took me to DI where I picked up 6 picture frames for $7. Then we went to walmart and I picked up 5 spools of ribbon for $5 and a bottle of white acrylic paint - white paint never lasts long enough.
Then that night I got to it armed with my Heather Bailey fat quarters and my hot glue gun (and my Twilight ticket but that's nothing to do with anything really) I made some jewlery holder frames.
I've made 2 more since then and have a feeling I'll be making quite a few more. I love how I know exactly which one goes to who because of the different ribbon/fabric/frame/embellishment sequences. Aren't they cute?
I'm also pledging to take more pictures with friends. We're done here in APRIL!!

Oh, also, on Saturday we had our ward Super Saturday which went really well. There was a lot more people there than I expected. When I got home there was a package awaiting me. It was just what I hoped. My recent artscow order. 5 12x12's and 5 8x8's. I can now recommend those size prints wholeheartedly. They turned out amazing... and I just used up all my frames for jewlery holders... hmmm...

10 comments:

Jennifer and Jason said...

Awesome idea for the frames. That is seriously cool.

Kritta22 said...

Wal Mart has great prices on frames too! You just have to watch for the sell. I bought a WHOLE bunch later year, weird sizes (for your 12X12's and 8's) for $2! I love that store and it's sales!
Very very cute idea~!

abritdifferent said...

You're so freakin crafty, I'm piggin jealous. That's a great shot of you, you look stunning.

Laura said...

Siobhan: I'm the one in the black tshirt, silly! ;-P

Chiemi said...

Those are so cute! I totally need to copy you! By the way your eyes look so awesome in that last picture!!

Linzi said...

You have to be one of the coolest people I know.

Scott and Stacia said...

What a great pledge!! Those jewlery holder frames are cute. What a great idea! You are so creative!! Now if only you could pass on some of those creative juices to ME!!

Schows said...

Laura.... the Kipp picture!!!??? Really? thanx for that.
By the way call if you want a story..... oh what a day!

Daniello Dello said...

I am so in love with your craftiness. If we ever find time we should do some crafty things together!!

emma said...

These are so cool, um.. one of them is for me right? :p My friend lene- (link on my blog)is doing the same making all her christmas gifts this year!.. I think it's a superb idea and would looove to do it but I dont have the time :( ah well.