Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day.

Most of my thoughts today are serious and quite sombre. I just want to show my gratitude, respect and love for those who have served and do serve in armed forces throughout the world.

I don't really have it together to write my thoughts in a way for people to understand.

I just feel that in our day and age we aren't really aware of what has gone on in the world in order for us to be living as we now are. I want to live in a way that makes my grandparents sacrifices whilst fighting in WWII worth something. I want my peers who are serving our countries to know that I support them. I'm amazed that there are people brave and selfless enough out there to be fighting for us; people they don't even know.
I've heard stories of my Papa Stronach's about his time fighting in WWII and it makes me feel physically sick and yet so proud. The stories have made me very sensitive to War films and video games with war themes and violence... I can't get my words together enough to really articulate this. I'm just very grateful and full of respect and want my actions to show that.

I suppose it also makes me think of the ultimate sacrafice that was made for us in the Eternal scheme of things.

Hopefully we can all take a few minutes to reflect on these things.


IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

2 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Thanks for sharing! You are so wonderful.

Chiemi said...

Wow, I totally loved this post. Those pictures are amazing especially the one of your grandparents on their wedding day!