Monday, November 10, 2008

Shut up!

I know "shut up" are words I'd get a swift slap on the mouth for but seriously, shut up! It is with complete and utter shock/surprise AND disbelief that I'm writing this. It's been two days and I'm still thinking "shut up!!"...

Saturday night we got home from a night of fine dining with friends and were getting changed and ready to head out for a nice quiet night of movie watching with more friends. I had got changed and Stuart began asking questions such as, "if I got you a birthday present would you want it now or would you rather wait?" um, hullo?! Now. Duh. Without much persuasion he disappeared and told me to close my eyes and put my hands out. Two of my least favorite things to do at the same time. I went along with it taking deep breathes and staying calm. From the living room Stuart calls something like "it's not much but you mentioned you wanted to see it for a while." A dvd? Possibly. Also quite exciting. I have wanted 'Dan In Real Life' for a while now. I also really wanted 'Last Action Hero' but we have that on vhs... Whatevs.
My hands out stretched in an exaggerated manner he came back and told me that the gift wasn't that big. The idea of him dropping something smaller in my hands is a terrifyingly frightening thought - a spider/hamster or worse a white rabbit... eeeeerm... anyway, I comply. Put my hands together and hold my breathe.

The package hit my hands and I knew instantly what the heck it was. Squeals happened to burst out of my throat. I grew springs on my feet and began bouncing about all the while with my eyes screwed shut so tight out of sheer glee! I could have cried.
My JACKET!! The cheeky bugger got me my JACKET!! I had no idea. I just thought he was being a jerk! How stupid of me. He cares if I'm cosy or not and he got me my JACKET!!!!!

Glee!

He ordered it when I first started whining about it. I never want anything inparticular for my birthday or Christmas so he jumped on this as quick as he could and got 15% off. Genius.
Poor Stuee was at his wits end when all my friends would harp on about the jacket. LOVE! He'd mention wanting Rockband 2 to Tyler and both Tyler and Olivia would say "yeah, but Laura needs that jacket." Little did any of us know!

We headed out to Tyler and Liv's with my new jacket so proudly worn. When Olivia saw it her eyes actually popped out of her head and she said "Stuart! You've made us so happy!" We then went into the bathroom and looked at me for a while.

Can you imagine what people are going to be like when Stuart and I have a child?! No more Pink Dyson-baby or Jacket-baby but an actual human-baby? It's going to be mental!


His face is all "Whatevs!" but inside I know he loves this jacket like it's the newest member of the family.

Shut up!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Your hubby is the best! I am so happy for you guys. What are you going to name her? :)

nava_jo said...

Ack! Stewart gets the best Hubby award for the month! Awesome, jacket :) Congrats.

Jennifer and Jason said...

I found your blog through your facebook page. Your an awesome storyteller. I have read it twice and laughed harder the second time. Glad you got a sweet new jacket.

Hilary said...

K, I'm way excited to see it in person on Wednesday. It looks so cute on your blog and I bet it's ten times cuter in person!! Yay!

Manda said...

Awesome! Stuart gets a ton a husband-y brownie points for that. Maybe he could give my DH some tips? Lol. Congrats on your jacket gorgeousness! :D

Shannon said...

How lovely!!! Yay for you and yay for Stuart!

sissyann said...

Love the jacket!!! That was quite the surprise. KUDOS to the hubby!!

Joycelyn said...

You look AWESOME in that jacket. :-) I love it!

Greg and Michelle said...

He deserves major brownie points for this one!! The jacket is so cute!

Chiemi said...

Good job Stuart!! He did so good. That jacket is so cute!