Sunday, November 30, 2008

Utah shinanigans.

Last Sunday afternoon we drove down to Utah to spend Thanksgiving week with Stuart's aunt and uncle. We had a fun week of hanging out, chatting, jumping on the trampoline, eating, watching films and the boys played a LOT of video games.

Stuart spent a LOT of time playing on the trampoline with his cousins, Bri and Ryan.Stuart turned into a terror when he got on the trampoline. He also ripped his jeans pretty much in half...
After a lots of talking and "debate" Stuart took me to Temple Square to see the lights. Sadly, the "debating" went on for so long that our friends we were going to meet up with had become so confused and tired of the mind changing that we weren't able to meet up with them. John and Kara took us out to dinner before we began our journey to Salt Lake...
Stuart had told me that the chef might make a spectacle of me by having me open my mouth for him to toss food into it. I was pretty nervous so Stuart said that we could talk through the chef's cooking so he wouldn't be able to call me out to chuck food at me. Little did I know that Stuart might have still been upset over the "debating" from earlier that he stopped talking to me and said "oh, Laura, the chef wants you!" Scoundrel! So that was the first time I'd ever been to that kind of restaurant and the first time anyone's ever thrown shrimp at me. He missed on his first go and pelted me on the face and then urged me to open my mouth again. It went in that time.

Then off to Temple Square we went. We parked at The Gateway mall and began walking in the wrong direction. Then we turned back and headed the right way. As we got to Temple Square it was pretty busy. I was so excited to see the lights that I could hardly contain myself. Sadly after about 10 minutes the batteries in my camera died. I'm still kicking myself about that. Yet another first for that night. I always have extra batteries... anyway...
The few pictures we did get turned out really good.

We didn't get a good picture of ourselves because of the batteries and because someone's hands were aparently very shakey that night. Probably due to rage. but not really.

Saturday morning we got up and got ready to leave. The friends we 'caravanned' down with were staying a couple streets over so we stopped by there first and then set out to Ikea and then back to the Gateway where we went to Anthropologie and Brighton.

In Brighton I spied two rings I really loved. One aparently much cheaper than the other because Stuart went back to buy one for me. One wasn't in my size so he asked for the other without looking at the price - lesson learned. Um, yeah. I now have a beautiful ring that makes me sick to my stomach every time I look at it. When I stop feeling that way about it I'll wear it on my ring finger. Until then it lives on the other hand. It's my re-engagement ring. I'll take picture of it some time.

After that we drove home, stopping at Toys r us to get Cameron a Christmas present. We got home around 7.30pm after leaving the house in Utah at 9.30am. It felt like the longest part of the week. The rest flew by.

Stuart checked the mail when we got back and the birthday package my mum sent was there. Finally! She sent it to the wrong apartment but the postman noticed, thankfully and now we have it. She sent some birthday money for me which has taken some of the sting off of the price of the ring. Thanks mum, you're a gem - a 10 carat smokey quartz to be exact!

9 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love the 'debating' part!!
It's good to know that you guys debate too! I always feel like a cast out when I tell people about our little tiffs!
I wanna see pictures of the ring!
I think your pictures of temple square are wonderful!

Courtney said...

Ring?? Do show!! Your pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to see your Christmas pics :)

Shannon said...

Re-engagement? Sweet! I hope that you said yes, again.

I love your pictures but I must know something. Are you using a tripod or how on earth do all of your night pictures turn out so perfect? Tell me your secret!

nava_jo said...

The Lights at Temple Square just scream HOLIDAY to me. Beautiful pics :)

Anonymous said...

That's me kiddo, 10 carrots, a turnip and a bag of sprouts.

Can't wait to see you, mum x.

Laura said...

Krista: It's perfectly normal to clash every now and then. I like to call it 'constructive arguing'. ;)

Courtney: I'll take a picture of the ring today...

Shannon: I've never actually been proposed to. It would have been nice to have had the chance to say 'yes' :-P
I don't use a tripod. I'm just as steady as a rock.

Jo: Thanks. They definatley have that Holiday feeling about them. I loved it.

Mum: Haha. That's a lot of ruffage. I haven't had brussel sprouts since I left home! I can hardly wait! Love you!

Lawther family said...

Hope to see the ring soon. You and Stuart are so cute together. I miss you guys. So Temple Square at christmas time is the best. Glad you got to go and enjoy its beauty and have some fun debate time too. :)

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

We ate at one of those Asian firegrill restaurants too while we were in California. Aren't they the best?! I'm glad you had a good time.

emma said...

If she hasnt had sprouts since she married I don't want to be around when she does..! :S

to see Temple square at Christmas is one of my dreams.