Monday, December 15, 2008

Home sweet drizzly home!

We're in Scotland for Christmas! Surpriiiiise!

We started our journey on Friday evening by taking the shuttle down to Salt Lake. We got in earlier than we were told. Shabang & co. came to collect us and took good care of us for the night and then fed and delivered us to the airport on Saturday morning where we breezed through security and everything and settled in for a short wait where we watched the snow storm blow in - longestsentenceever...
Then off to JFK we went. We had a 6 hour layover so we went to get some dinner. We went to Chili's and I ate too much but we had time enough to get comfy on our wait. The flight from New York to Edinburgh kicked my trash. It was about 6 and a half hours which wasn't quite enough to get snuggled down for sleep with the 2 meals they fed us and then the inflight entertainment... We got in to Ediburgh at about 3am Rexburg time, 10am Scotland time. Customs was easy peasy apart from the maze they had set up for us to get to the customs agent... I won the race though.
Scott turned up about half an hour after we got in - Stuart had enough time to eat an ice lolly, go to the loo and email home.
After a snuggly reunion with my biggest brother we headed off. We stopped to do some bird watching on the way to get Vicki - Scott's wife.
Here are two tits (that should get me a lot of hits on google!), two long tailed tits to be exact. It's quite uncommon to see two together like this...

I gobbled up as much fresh air as I could. Yum yum.

We got a milkshake and picked up Vicki and headed home. Scott and Vicki drove round the front of the house and Stuart and I crept around the back. It turned out that we'd beaten the folks home from church. B0oyah! That hadn't even been concidered seriously. Dang it. We unloaded the car and took our cases upstairs and then hid out in mum and dad's room because we expected dad to come up and get changed.
This is my view from the bed. It's the lamp shade but it looks like a cocktail umbrella I think...
The parental unit came home 45 minutes later and never came up to get changed... we sat for a hour listening to them all chat downstairs... our plan failing miserably. We were starting to fall asleep when I decided to make a huge thump to get some attention. Dad came up to see. He checked the bathroom and backroom and then spotted our feet in their room. He popped his head in and looked a bit surprised then let us know he was getting ready to batter whoever it was that had come into his home and was hiding in his bedroom, waiting for their escape...

Mum followed him...

Mum made lasagne for dinner and Andrew came over.
After everyone left dad got festive...
and told mum what he wanted for Christmas:

PS. Mum said that she had been telling everyone she was expecting us on a Sunday or a Tuesday so she had an inclination we'd be there but the longer they had been sitting with Scott and Vicki chatting the more surpised she was to see us then. Scott was wondering "why the hell [we] didn't come down sooner" since we'd sat up there about an hour after mum and dad got home... Mum was surprised and that's what counts. Dad was surprised too but you couldn't really tell by his face.

7 comments:

nava_jo said...

Christmas with family! Ahh I'm happy for you! :) Enjoy.

sissyann said...

Oh my gosh!!! So much fun!!! I am so glad you are home. Have a fabulous time!!!!

Lauren said...

Yeah!!! I have been waiting for a post to know you arrived safely and to hear how your family reacted to the HUGE surprise! Have so much fun and let me know how we can help you out on the way home, I had better get to see you, I will do whatever it takes!

Shannon said...

Fun, but what about BEKI? Did you shock her yet??

Chiemi said...

AWESOME!!! That is so great that you were able to surprise your parents. So fun! I hope you have a great holiday with your family!

{Amy} said...

I am just LMBO at your "two tits" post and that it'll get some hits off of google! I'm so glad you arrived safely, and loved the pictures of the shoes! I expected to see some more shoes when you got to Scotland too... or maybe even when you were laying in the bed waiting for your parents?!!

beki said...

welcome home stinker!i'm so glad you have gotten to meet my baby peeps now!
we shall have fun while your home!
dad looks scary in his santa suit!!
loves xxx
b