Friday, January 2, 2009

Tea time:

Here's our New Year dinner. Feast your eyes on this!
The mumma needed to clear some space in the kitchen so she set out the puddings on the table first probably to tempt us to death...

Strawberry and passionfruit pavlova. Oh my my!
The middle cake was thrown across the table when mum tried to pick it up but it survived the violence and tasted soooo good! Notice the double barrel Christmas crackers. Weird.
Mmmmm...
Parma ham and peach starters. The idea was nice but I wasn't too keen.
Steak pie, mashed tatties, stuffing balls, brussel sprouts, roast tatties, roast parsnips and carrots, pigs in blankets... you better believe I cleared my plate!
There was also the option of roast lamb.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Cracker hats! Wait till the other Laura sees this. She's going to feel like such a reject.

Laura said...

You didn't even mention the food, Shannon!

sissyann said...

That looks divine!!!

emma said...

ahhh! sausage steak pie!

haha, here I was quite impressed with my Chocolate orange cheesecake I made.. is that mammy's sticky toffee pudding I spot on the left!?? The middle cake look's amazing!

Laura said...

Your cheesecake looked SO good! The one on the left is actually a really rich, dense fudgey thing with chocolate buttons and digestive biccies in it. It's in the Cadbury cookbook mum gave you. SO good! I think the middle cake is in that book too. It has marscapone cheese in it. You need to make it. Mr. A will love it too I'm sure.

Also, she put mushrooms in the steak pie too. I love mushrooms and gravy... mmmm...

Shannon said...

I didn't say it because the food didn't really tickle my fancy. I'm not a desert/cake/pastry kind of person. Unless it's cookies, or a piece of chocolate. And those little wiener things... quite frankly, they scared the daylights out of me.