Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Sunday Adventure:

Yesterday was our Stake Conference - actually our Stake's first stake conference. It was held in the Hart Auditorium which mean uncomfortable seats. I stayed as long as I could but my tail
 bone just wasn't having a nice time. We came home and Stuart declared that he was going to put together a picnic and we were going to go somewhere for lunch. We decided on The Nature Park and I would show Stuart how to Letterbox seeing as he's never done it before. He made lunch and I printed off instructions. Then we set out.

We ate lunch in the car. That's how it's meant to be done.I gave Stuart the instructions so he would be incharge. He was surprisingly enthusiastic until we saw this...We hesitated a little then carried on...
We took note of the snowy direction we were meant to head in. Stuart was gung ho and off we went.

We didn't get too far because there was just too much snow and it was bitterly cold.
The walk was still nice though.
I mentioned 'cold', right?
Very cold. The sun was out and the park looked nice.

The pond was frozen over. Stuart wanted to walk on it. Tisk!

Cold.
So Cold.
I don't know.
Getting ready for our together picture.
Stuart's holding the clicker in his hands. When I told him he didn't have to hold it so obviously he said he thought his hand was on my shoulder but was too cold to know for sure. My eyes look crazy coloured in this one if you enlarge it.
Here's the view of the temple from where we were. We cracked out the telephoto lens for this.
It was cold and windy.
Stuart took this picture of the bent over bullrushes aka hairy sausages.
He also took this one and calls it "Americana"...
I didn't kill, capture or harass anything except Stuart... I didn't kill or capture him though. I also didn't do any fishing, legal or otherwise.
I like to take pictures of people jumping. Stuart's always got a good jump in him for me to photograph.
This is the ROTC place near where we live. There's army tanks in there if you look closely.

And that was the end of that. When we got home we played some Settlers online and I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner - which was incredibly delicious.

Then we watched a Harry Potter and went to bed.

The end.

2 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

I love your little outings. Picnics are meant to be indoors when there is snow outside :) My favorite picture is the "I don't know" picture :) for real your blog puts a smile on my face!!

Photography By Jo said...

Yikes that looks cold! I'm glad that I'm going at a time of year where I'll have a good transition!!!!