Sunday, April 12, 2009

Congraduations, gradulate!






I was surprised at the feelings I was having when Stuart was graduating. My love for him grows daily at a pretty steady rate but on graduation day I had an overwhelming surge of love for him. I could hardly contain myself. I'm so grateful for him. I've been trying to think of what I could give him as a graduation gift but can't think of anything that will show him how amazing I think he is.

When he was coming down the steps after receiving his (empty) diploma I wanted so badly to be right there to give him a huge hug. I'm in love and I can't help it. He's great. It's taken a lot of hard work to get through school. He's always found time to study and get really good grades and also to make sure I've felt loved and taken care of. Not one day has passed where he hasn't told me he loves me atleast 5 times.

I love how interested in him my mum and dad are and how Stuart would call home after taking a test so I could tell me dad what percentage he got. I love that he loves my parents and that he thinks of them throughout the day - he responds well to their praise. ;)

I had no idea that graduation would make me feel like a newly wed again in the sense that I'm in constant awe of him - had to expound on 'feel like a newly wed' for my cheekier readers. 

I love you Stuee. You make me so happy. Happier than anything.


10 comments:

Robert & Helen said...

Laura how blessed indeed to be in love and more than that, to be loved.
We share your joy and are glad you have Stuart.

Chiemi said...

Congratulations to you and Stuart! I remember the day Dustin graduated, it was such a wonderful day. I think supporting a husband through school is a big achievement!

Danielle said...

Congrats Stuart!! You survived!! :) Love you bro!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

What agreat day. I am so happy for you both. By the way, where the heck are ya now?

Hilary said...

Yay Stuart!!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations Stuart! All that hard work has paid off. Congrats to you too Laura you have been a very supportive and loving wife through those tough time that being a college student brings. We wish you guys the best of luck!

Katie Phillips said...

That is so exciting!!!

Scott and Stacia said...

Yippee!! Congrats on the graduation!

Keri said...

Yay for graduation!!!And double Yay for feeling like a newlywed again :)!

jakefry said...

YAY!! Congrats to Stuart! Wanna come to Bremerton sometime?!