Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm everywhere, I'm in your hair...

With the lovely weather of the last week and my first chiropractor visit of the year and everything in between this week has turned quite busy.

Let's start with Monday, shall we. On Monday I thought it was actually Tuesday which made things difficult for the rest of the week - even though today is only Wednesday I actually think it's Thursday. See? So confusing.

Monday/pseudo Tuesday I had my chiropractic appointment. I wasn't expecting a treatment because Stuart's mum was going in for an adjustment and Stuart was tagging along to chat to Bill about the wonderful life of a chiropractor. But alas, I found myself strapped to a table which pulled me in two different directions. I felt a little like Braveheart in the part where he was being hung, drawn and quartered but without being hung or quartered. Is the stretchy part 'drawn', I don't know. 

We're even more excited about Chiro School now after Bill spoke to Stuart. We were pretty set on school in Portland, Oregon for a few reasons but now we're re-evaluating our priorities. It seems we might be more excited for a school in California because they teach purely chiropractic stuff and not how to deliver a baby - like the school in Portland. So, we'll see. I was checking out apartments in the areas we want to go to school and have to admit, a loft studio just over the golden gate bridge from San Fran is verrrrry enticing. Also living within walking distance to stuff is very appealing, not to mention sunshine and Dizzyland.

Yesterday I took Josh's senior pics and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I also took some of Stuart. All my pictures are getting scattered about as I try organising my photography site. You can find some of Stuart and Josh in there back a few pages and also here.

I've been talking to a friend who's a professional photographer and am really excited and hardly scared at all of moving on to the next step in setting up  my business and actually charging people money for my talent. I'm coming to terms that I am an adult and have every right to be friends with other adults. Other adults want to be friends with me because I AM an actual ADULT. I'll be 25 this year and am just realising my peer group is not 17 year olds now...

Tomorrow I have another appointment AND Stuart starts work for Jansport. Sort of sad but sort of exciting - one step closer to the next step in our lives. 

On Friday I'm doing a Secret Life of Housewives shoot with a friend and I'm SO excited for it. Hopefully that's the be the start of numerous wonderful things.

I want to spread silliness and joy through my photography. I want people to be able to afford pictures of themselves AND if they want a certain picture in a certain style I don't want them to be afraid to voice that to me - ofcourse, I'll shoot them down right away but if they're not scared to ask then I've succeeded ;)

I have been thinking so much about my mission statement as a photographer lately. I'm so grateful to have been 'trained' by someone who is so fun and giddy and I'm grateful to be able to talk to people who make a living off this and hear what they have to say. I also enjoy that I can look at a photographers work and learn from that - what not to do and how to tweek my own style a little to cater to more tastes. I'm gaining confidence and feel like I can be the photographer and not the assistant.

I've been thinking so much and eating string cheese this week.

9 comments:

Megan Marie said...

thumbs up! You will do so very well.

Danielle said...

Yay! I'm excited for you!!

Beth Adams said...

I would love to go out with you sometime if you want to try to get a variety of ages to show on your site. You are so fun to be with and I loved what you did with Josh, not to mention all your other pics. No pressure though. I'm also happy just to look!

sslindstrom06 said...

Exciting!! I'm not sure if you know, but San Fran and Dizzyland are about 4 hours apart! Not to burst your bubble or anything!

Robert & Helen said...

Go for it Kiddo, I love your sense of adventure and I love you Xx.

Lacey said...

Hope your shoot goes great today! I'm sure you'll do great! Sure do miss you here!

Melinda said...

I love your photography. I think it will be a fun business adventure for you. Good Luck!

Scott and Stacia said...

I think you will do an awesome job! Good luck!

bequi said...

I love string cheese and I love your pictures. You really are amazingly talented.