Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bubbles, burgers and body butter...

I wasn't really sure today was going to be the best day when I first woke up - yesterday was great with our bubble blowing expedition in the afternoon. I got out of bed and Stuee was playing on the computer; making the most of not having to go to work. I went to the bathroom and on the way back in I stepped on a soggy snot rag. I thought it was an omen. I'm sort of superstitious. I think Scottish people are quite superstitious - atleast this one is. There's no superstition I know of that refers to standing on snot rags though so I couldn't really be sure about it all. It didn't feel nice though. After that I put the bed away, I hate putting the bed away but Stuart always makes it at night and I always put it away in the morning - last week I ended up with a skelf in my thumb toe because of the bed, now Stu stacks the cushions we're not using when it's a bed at the side so I can't stub my toe. I love him.
Yesterday I got sunburnt and so today I didn't push my luck by going out even though it was super sunny and pretty toasty. I love that. If it's like that on Monday though I'll spend some more time outside reading my book.

When we were in Rexburg I'd mostly read whilst taking a bath but now we don't have, instead I have a deck chair and sunshine. Fair trade I'd say.

Anyway, back to today. I wanted to go out for a breakfast date but Stuart was far too hungry to go somewhere so he had some pizza then when he was done he asked if I wanted to go out for lunch. Yes'm. 

First we went to cash his first whole pay cheque and then we went to Safeway to get some ice poles ("otter pops" in American). We got 200. Yum!

Then we went to Bob's Burger and Brew. I got a Buffalo Chicken salad - mmmmm yum! and Stuart got a burger and potato wedges - also mmmmm yum! Because he's just eaten two slices of pizza he didn't have much room for his delectable burger. I murdered half my salad. 
Then we went to Walmart and looked at Strawberry plants but didn't buy any. We also didn't buy any plant pots or soil like we kind of planned. I got a few things for a parcel I'm building for my sister. I love making packages. This one will be so cute! 

Stuart bought me a new portable hard drive because my other one has been corrupting my files and such. 

We came home and hung out aaall day. Ate some ice poles and left overs. And now we're going to watch Crocodile Dundee.

3 comments:

bequi said...

I love Otter Pops and Crocodile Dundee.

Scott and Stacia said...

I love that you call them "ice poles" how fitting. Who came up with "otter pops" anyway? I am so glad your day was so great after stepping on a snotty tissue!! PS your posts make me smile!!

Kizzie said...

Ice poles is a much more fitting name. But really, whatever you call them, I LOVE them. Love.

Also, Crocodile Dundee...my parents had all those recorded from tv. I haven't even heard anyone mention those in years.