Friday, June 5, 2009

The big yellow one is the sun!

Last Sunday we decided that Stuart needs to be more comfortable in front of the camera before he's able to direct and communicate to other people in front of it. So I perched him on the steps and tried to get him to relax. It didn't work - fake, tense smile and shut eyes. I asked if he'd be more comfortable if I was sitting next to him.

"Yes." I guess I could use a lesson on being more comfortable in front of the camera anyway. So I sat down beside him.

He got too comfortable. In fact, I've never seen someone go from really awkward and tense to completely comfortable - so comfortable that it seemed he'd forgotten why we were even out there. The speed of the transition was amazing!

"Bird!" he'd shout and point.
"Oh! Look at that!" he'd yell and flail in the other direction pointing at a bug. It was like he was seeing the world for the first time.
We have a lot of work to do.

4 comments:

Chiemi said...

LOL! I love that picture.

Linzi said...

hahaha...good luck!

bequi said...

Love the Brian Regan reference!

emma said...

like a big kid hee.. makes him adorable tho.

You look like your younger sister in that snap.

ooo ooo oooh.. I just added a 'love' catagory on my blogoms co's it just seemed to be a reocurring theme- i noticed your 'love' tag there :)