Sunday, July 12, 2009

One week down...

I can count on two hands how many weeks are left of this summer and then (hopefully) we'll be on our way.

Stuart got a phonecall this past week from the school in California that he applied to. The call was from his school financial adviser telling him they have all his application stuff and are considering accepting him for this fall - September! We're both SUPER excited. He'll go to school year round and we should be done in 3 years. It feels good to feel like we're moving forward again. Maybe someday we actually will start a family!

There's probably only about 4 or 5 weeks work left at Jansport and then we'll spend a week in Oregon. The countdown is on for us. Let's hope my leg gets better fast!

I don't think I mentioned "the leg" yet. I've been putting off blogging mostly because of that one thing. Basically I've been in extreme pain all week due to my leg. It feels like the whole thing is cramped and squeezing at my nerves. I'm not sure what to do. Amputation? I pray that I wake up and it's gone just like how I woke up and it was there. - not my whole leg but the pain.

Yesterday Stuart took me out to buy some books because I've been whining about having nothing to read since I finished "I capture the castle" a few weeks ago. (I found another copy of that and bought it up for my mum. I love it a lot.) He bought me a good selection and I've made it through one already. "Hattie Big Sky" by Kirby Larson. I loved it. I've been trying to discover what kind of books I like to read because when I stand in a book shop I become overwhelmed and a bit frustrated not knowing what I'm looking for. After reading this book I think I can say I thoroughly enjoy historical fiction. I have to give an extra star to a book that makes me cry. This one made me cry a tear or two. (Linzi, I think you'd like it. It's set in Montana for the most part :)

That's pretty much all I've been up to this week. Next weekend is Stuart's birthday so I'm sure I'll have more to report then if not before :)

7 comments:

Chiemi said...

How exciting! I hope he gets into that school.

Hilary said...

Yay for school prospects! And I'm way jealous of your trip to Oregon; take good pictures so I can live vicariously through you!

trina said...

orson scott card wrote a few biblical fiction books, and i loved every second of them. also, if you dont mind "fantasy" Kristen Britain wrote a series starting with green rider. i'm telling you, they are great books that read super easy and are WELL written. (i'm reading the twilight series again and it makes me die a little inside every time.)

Megan Marie said...

pictures. now. but also, i am excited to hear about the school thing. When are you spending your week in Oregon, and why? I told you I am moving back, right? will you be my friend?

Lauren said...

If one wanted to call you and chat to make the time go by how would one go about doing that?

Linzi said...

Hurrah for moving on! I've been missing you my friend. I can't wait to start on that book and will even use my whorin' money to buy it ;)(by whoring money I mean my plasma money)

perfectly peri said...

Thanks for following my blog!
I enjoy reading yours and I can't wait to read more!
love
p