Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"even if we come home empty handed we'll still have our stories of battle scars, pirate ships and wounded hearts..."

Day two of the trip was mostly traveling. We got up and packed up and got on the road. We stopped at Cape Perpetua. Crashing waves and blow holes were very much present.


After that we stopped at some stinky beach because we wanted to continue the sea side frolicking but it was too cold... and stinky.

Then we stopped at the Sealion Caves and saw nothing. It was really misty that day. We didn't even hear any sealions.

We made it to Grants Pass before the grandparents even got home from the fair. The rest of the week was spent mostly lounging, chilling, visiting and eating fresh vegetables from grandpa's garden. It was blissful for the most part.

Now we're home and all of a sudden freaking out about how we're going to afford Chiropractic School. Um yeah. It's not like we can cut anything more out of our budget - we don't have health insurance, we don't have cell phones, we don't have a credit card, I don't have a drivers license which means we don't pay for car insurance for me and I don't use petrol, we don't have kids or pets, we don't smoke or drink or are addicted to any drugs... Yikes.

PS. There are some more edited pics from our trip here.

3 comments:

Candace said...

AWEsome looking trip! That cabin looks SO stinking adorable! Nice find. I love all the goonies pics! We did that trip forever ago and I wouldn't mind doing it again. Have you guys not seen Kindergarten Cop?! That was filmed in Astoria too! If not, come over and watch it - it's a classic. =)

Congrats Stuart!! So that means you're leaving in 5 weeks?! Suckage! I was really looking forward to hanging out with you guys more! And that place you found in CA looks mighty fine! It's my kind of place! I loooove "old world charm" kind of homes. =)

Janie Out of Debt said...

It looks like such a nice trip.

Best wishes,

Janie

Rachel Keyser said...

Hi, so I'm the Rachel who looked up some houses for you in Union City...sorry for the blog stalking. :) BUT I thought I'd share my husband does a little photography and has an awesome picture of that bridge!