Sunday, August 16, 2009

The itch:

Mmm yes, I have the itch - not *that* itch, gross! But the adventure itch. I've had it for a little while but have had it under control due to being extremely patient. Summer is almost over and I don't have much to show for it. It's sad. I've scored a lot of things off my list but feel like I did those things only so I'd feel like I did something instead of doing them to have fun. They weren't done in the spirit of The Summer List.

Stuart had his phone interview with Life West Chiropractic school on Thursday. It sounded like it went well. We're really hoping he'll be accepted for the end of next month so we can move down there and get started - if not then we'll be going done in December and he'll need to find a job here for those three months.

Today Stuart decided that we should start our summer holiday early - he's had the itch too and goodness knows he deserves a good holiday. You all know how I feel about Stuart. He works really hard. We're going to head down to Oregon on Tuesday morning. We have some places picked out that we'll stop at along the way. We're taking a more Stronach approach to this trip and will be picniking, camping and taking things at a leisurely rate and go to places neither of us have ever been before. Hopefully the trip will inspire and rejuvinate me. I miss blogging every day... We'll see. I will have lots of pictures to post I'm sure of that.

I've lost my spice again. Dang it.

5 comments:

emma Andersen said...

when one loses their spice another finds it?

I found mine.. we didn't have great expectations for our summer, just a couple of weeks off and one of them was for doing the kitchen but we have had like a bunch of 'mini holidays' so its been a little bit non stop.. and so much fun. Hope you find your spice rack and have a great time- just relax and have fun! can find it in the most unexpected of places! x

Megan Marie said...

LAURA! We will be in Oregon on Monday. How long will you be camping and all of that? You helped me find my spice once. Let me know if I can help you look for yours.

K @ Blog Goggles said...

That's awesome! I would love to just pack up and go... but there aren't too many places you can get to by car from Hong Kong :)

Have fun!

Chiemi said...

I hope you have lots of fun!

Linzi said...

I miss you.