Monday, August 31, 2009

Life happenings...

Thursday Stuart and I took the plunge and became adults. We got mobile phones. Yep. We've been married over 5 years and only had a cell phone for about a year and a half through Stuart's parents family plan but we were removed from that and haven't had phones since then. So if anyone wants my number let me know but don't expect to talk to me on the phone we don't have many minutes but we do have unlimited texting.

Friday I was in the mood for a photo shoot. I decided on a Twenties theme and enlisted Megan, Danielle and Beth to model for me - a mother and daughter shoot. It was a fast shoot and the pictures turned out pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. See some here.

On Saturday Stuart's parents took us to Leavenworth seeing as it's the last Saturday we had to do anything all together before the girls head back to Rexburg. I'd never been before so it was a treat. We stopped at Deception Falls on the way there.

When we got to Leavenworth I felt like I was in Shrek. Seriously. Look at the place!

And to make things even more Shrek-ish...
We went to a German/Bavarian restaurant for lunch. I had the knackwurst on a kaiser roll with sauerkraut and spicy mustard.

It took me a fair while to get through the sausage because of how tough the skin was. My teeth are now very sharp. Some people had schnitzel. Stuart liked his enough but not $20 enough and also didn't appreciate they gratuity being added in. I have to admit I'm still having trouble with leaving tips for restaurant servers so to have it forced on me... yeah, I guess I shouldn't have stacked the plates for them... eeer... I tip my hairdresser because she went to school to - whatever, there's the schnitzel eater:
After lunch we went for a dawdle down the street and came across the famous Hat Shop and took it as an opportunity to share nits.

Stuart is a McGyver fan
It was a nice little day trip.

This week I NEED to find us somewhere to live. The girls leave this weekend for school and then it'll be our turn to get packed up and moved. I'm having a hard time finding somewhere - especially because the internet keeps switching off every 10 minutes. It's driving me mad! Do you know anyone who's gone to Life West Chiropractic College? Or maybe people living in the Hayward area? Help me out and pass my email address on to them - sugar.grenade(at)gmail.com I need to know what places to avoid and such.

Also, Silly Girls we're having the last photo shoot of summer on Wednesday at 6pm. All Silly Girls are welcome. Here's the deets. You can also find us on facebook. Two Silly Girls photography.



PS. all the pictures on this post were deleted by me before I put them on the computer but thanks to Stuart and his magic skills he saved them! Somehow... Thanks, Stuee :) You are the best.

2 comments:

Chiemi said...

I think I have a cousin that used to live in Hayward. Lemme see if I can contact her and find out!

Karen said...

I passed your email address along to a family connection who is familiar with Union City, just next door. If she knows Hayward, too, you may hear from her.